Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Baris Dai for Progressive Metal [Updated Again]
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Baris Dai for Progressive Metal [Updated Again]

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forgoreth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Baris Dai for Progressive Metal [Updated Again]
    Posted: April 26 2021 at 09:35
Bio: "Baris Dai is an independent musician based in Eindhoven, the Netherlands, who is passionate about telling stories through his music. Baris' skilful guitar playing, layered textures, and evocative melodies create a unique blend of progressive rock/metal and ambient music that takes listeners on a journey. His work has already caught the attention of Prog blogs and magazines, with many positive reviews highlighting his talent and potential."

Heralding Warmer Days [Single, 2023] (Click the release name to listen)

Edited by forgoreth - May 17 2023 at 16:07
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2021 at 10:27
This is a very nice EP and I would be interested to see where the music goes beyond this point.  It could be argued that only 3 tracks is not enough material to base a vote on.  In my opinion, it isn't quite progressive metal and there aren't a lot of progressive elements to the music.  I'm debating whether to take it to the Heavy Prog team to analyze or if there is some other genre that might be interested in it, then go ahead, but as for Progressive Metal, I don't think it is quite there and would suggest waiting until there is more material.

forgoreth View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forgoreth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2021 at 12:20
Thank you very much for your comment, Baris here (maybe it was obvious but anyway Smile ). I'm happy to see you liked it.

For this particular release, Heavy Prog is a more suitable choice indeed. Actually it's possible that throughout the "Ambient Conditions" series, the general vibe could be a bit too mellow to be labelled as prog metal, if that's what you mean. 

Would it help with your decision if I share a demo song that I only shared on Youtube? 

In my opinion this is a bit more metal, more progressive and technical (please check out the bridge after 2:00 if you don't have time to listen to all of it), and a better representative of the upcoming releases. But of course, I am aware that you can make a decision based on only what's released. 

If it's a definite no-go for Progressive Metal, do I need to delete this topic and start a new one with another subgenre? Or what should I do? 

Thanks again! 
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2021 at 12:28
^ Hi Barış! From Turkey!

Nice work and I agree with TCat.

I believe you don't have to do anything here for now, but wait for the collaborators to decide.

Keep up the good work!
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2021 at 14:22
No need to start another thread because I am on the Heavy Prog team also.  Other teams usually check out the suggested threads too, so they can listen to the posting from here and decide from there.  No need to do anything for now unless you want to post further music as it becomes available and I'll keep an eye on your posts.

Just as Shadowyzard said..."Keep up the good work" because what you have done so far is very good.

forgoreth View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote forgoreth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2021 at 16:21
Thank you very much for your nice words, Shadowyzard and TCat ! 
Gordy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Folk/Eclectic/PSIKE/Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2021 at 13:26
Lovely work, Baris! That sucked me in and was over before I knew it (and I like your logo, too). I'm glad you got such positive feedback - keep it up for sure and post here again once you have more material!
forgoreth View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forgoreth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2021 at 09:38
Thank you very much Gordy! I'm glad you liked it!
forgoreth View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forgoreth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2022 at 11:59
It's been a while, and I have a new release. So I decided to update this topic and bump it Smile
I see it's been so long since my last visit and TCat is retired from administration. Could any admin tell me if I did the right thing by updating this topic? Or should I have posted a new topic? 
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2022 at 12:09
It's good that you bumped it. 

Is it an EP or a full length album? 
Can you post some listening links? (also other than spotify, some of us do not use it). 

edit: I found the bandcamp page

I will give it a listen as soon as i can. Smile

Edited by Cristi - December 11 2022 at 12:20
forgoreth View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forgoreth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2022 at 16:29
Thanks for your quick reply Cristi! 

Please check out the link below to reach the EP on your preferred music service. 

Just a note, Bandcamp's player isn't really smooth for the gapless play experience and this EP consists of connected songs. I can also send you a download code so you can download the songs in whatever format you like. 
Gordy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Folk/Eclectic/PSIKE/Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2022 at 00:43
Nice to have you back, Baris! I'll listen later this week!
forgoreth View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forgoreth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2022 at 09:01
Thanks Gordy! I hope you enjoy it!
forgoreth View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forgoreth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2023 at 16:12
Hi, I released a new single last week, so I decided to update this post accordingly, together with an update in bio, press quotes, etc. Just click the name of the release on the original post to stream on your favourite platform.
Many thanks in advance! 
 Post Reply Post Reply