Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

In Search of sPRock

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spaciousmind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: In Search of sPRock
    Posted: May 02 2021 at 15:02
I realized the other day that I have albums from almost 100 countries and this got me interested in looking at what countries I have missing.  And it has sort of given me the incentive of wanting at least one album/cd of every country in the world.  Especially as I am always interested in how other countries have interpreted and incorporated the Western worlds music into their countries heritage and sound, and in their language.

Searching at Prog Archives is pretty easy and you can get your list of all countries that are already there.  This post however is for countries that are currently not represented.

Prog Archives does have a great search function where you get all the countries artists listed.

So this is great to search and find albums from countries you have missing.  But also you can identify countries that are still missing a progressive rock entry.

Anyway this got me curious about the missing countries and wanting to see if they have anything that could be progressive.  So I started searching.  Not sure if that has been done recently.  If so then I apologize for the post.

By comparing with Wiki countries I just started with A.

Afghanistan

I could not find anything really that sound like prog potential for Afghanistan but I did find one Band that has a bit of 90s rock sound.

Kabul Dreams

Well, not enough for me to want to buy.  Will have to wait a few years more and see what turns up unless someone has a recommendation for Afghanistan?

Albania

Searching Albania today I found a couple of Artists that I thought sounded good:

Troja 

Prog Metal maybe... I would definitely like to hear more.

Jericho

Sounds to me like a Balkan sound with Coldplay influence.  Nice trumpet finish.  Their songs definitely have a story to tell from the ones I listened to.

Blla Blla Blla

Well that was different.

Qelbanix

Bit of Eclectic Jazz/Fusion going on here.

Well I could definitely find something in Albania to add to country collection.

Algeria

Djezma

Definitely Santana influenced.  Some good guitar play really.

Dzair

Now this one would buy if i can find it.  No question about this one being progressive rock.

Anyway this is as far as I got this afternoon.   Please if you want to add artists you know from countries that are not listed in Prog Archives then please do.

Nick

Edited by Spaciousmind - May 02 2021 at 15:07
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2021 at 15:15
Spaciousmind View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spaciousmind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2021 at 15:43
Originally posted by nick_h_nz nick_h_nz wrote:

ignoring the “easier” countries beginning with A, here’s some from my collection.

Thanks, I will take a look!
 Post Reply Post Reply