Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Greetings from the Archetype Asylum

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exodustoinfinity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greetings from the Archetype Asylum
    Posted: May 08 2021 at 06:19
Hey fam, my name is Danny and my prog music project is called Exodus to Infinity. I just joined this forum to get hooked into the online community more. My biggest influences are perhaps more progressive metal than progressive rock, but I think the distinction between the two is blurry and in my mind, they are all one happy family. 

My top 2 and definitely Pain of Salvation and Dream Theater. For there, I have a top tier that I can't really rank, but I'll lay em out: Frank Zappa, Coheed & Cambria, Pink Floyd, Umphrey's McGee, Symphony X, Planet X, Genesis, The Dear Hunter, Plini, Tigran Hamayasan, Yes, etc. 

I just turned 32 and have been feeling bummed recently reflecting on how small prog audience is for Millennials and Gen Z. I'm not sure anything will change it, but I'm hoping for some new paradigm shift that will make an opening in the culture for the richness and depth of progressive styles!
Progishness View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progishness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2021 at 07:38
Good music transcends time and appeals across the generations (says this old fart).

Welcome to the forums.
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

Chloë Grace Moretz as Mindy McCready aka 'Hit Girl' in Kick-Ass 2
 Post Reply Post Reply