Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your lowest rated reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iluvmarillion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2021 at 00:04
Just checking through my recent written reviews. I gave Transatlantic, "The Whirlwind" two stars. I feel guilty about that one. I really enjoyed Kaleidoscope. Their most recent one, "The Absolute Universe" is a gem. I just felt "Whirlwind" represents everything bad about prog, verbose and overlong. Despite being just as long I don't get the same vibe with "Kaleidoscope". Two long compositions which don't bore me and a couple of appealing tracks in the middle. As for the comments about "Bursting At The Seams", if I was to review it I would probably give it four stars. "Tears and Pavan" is a favourite Strawbs track of mine. I don't get the point of some of the more negative reviews here such as for "Bursting At The Seams", but to be fair I'm sure many don't get the point of some of my negative reviews either.
Beautiful Scarlet View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beautiful Scarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2021 at 08:50
Ye not all the music here is good. Giving all music five stars is kinda insulting to the better music.
Music Music Music
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2021 at 09:08
Originally posted by Beautiful Scarlet Beautiful Scarlet wrote:

Ye not all the music here is good. Giving all music five stars is kinda insulting to the better music.
Agree. I believe only 5% of any music collection deserves to be rated 5 stars. Just reviewed Miles Davis "In a Silent Way". Gave it two stars, and I think that's one too many. However, most other reviews gush over it. One of his worst albums imo.
Magog2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magog2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2023 at 21:49
My lowest rated review is Calling All Stations by Genesis which I gave 1 star (3/10).
Octopus II View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Octopus II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2023 at 05:24
Under Wraps - Jethro Tull. Unhappy
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2023 at 06:39
Lowest-rated album reviews for British Prog:- 

3 stars 1968: Giles, Giles & Fripp -Cheerful Insanity -http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=2305824
3 stars 1975: Gilgamesh - Gilgamesh - http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=2336728
3 stars 1975: Hatfield & the North - The Rotters' Club - http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=2308113
3 stars 1975: Quiet Sun - Mainstream - http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=2287641
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234