Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Evership: The Uncrowned King - Act 1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote foregonillusions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Evership: The Uncrowned King - Act 1
    Posted: June 02 2021 at 00:45
This album is a bit of surprise, right? Based off the single they released, I thought this album would sound very similar to the previous two (not necessarily a bad thing), but it's relatively adventurous to the point that Evership's latest opus necessitates more listening to fully grasp what's there. Or maybe it's just me.

To those who have had the chance, what are your opinions thus far? I'm very eager to read them!
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2021 at 15:20
Same. The single didn't impress me that much but as soon as I heard the song "Yettocome / Itmightbe" I fell in love with it.
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2021 at 12:43
(It's the best thing I've heard this year.)

So much better than anything off their first two (decent) albums. This thing is a monster. The melodies are memorable and Beau West's voice is a miracle. The arrangements are stunning. The epic ("Yettocome/Itmightbe") is a perfect blend of Genesis and Radiohead. The closer ("Wait") is simply gorgeous. Cannot wait for Act 2.
The Prog Corner
decypher View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decypher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2021 at 19:18
Have listened to it three times so far and love it. Their debut was amazing, the second album was great (albeit a somewhat muffled production), they really put in a lot of attention to detail. Will put my headphones on right now and give it another spin, but yes - great stuff! Having that said, sometimes their references are kinda out there, once The Pilgrimage kicks in it's like Jon Anderson has entered the chat... (Beau West is one of my favourite newer prog vocalists - A Slow Decent into Reality... yes please!!!)

Edited by decypher - June 27 2021 at 19:22
 Post Reply Post Reply