Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The NeverEnding Story (1984) vs Momo (1986)

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Which films based on Michael Ende books do you like the most
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [100.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The NeverEnding Story (1984) vs Momo (1986)
    Posted: July 20 2021 at 08:10
The NeverEnding Story is a flawed masterpiece, one of my favourite films but the sequals destroyd the legacy of which this epos had in pland, but as a standalone movie its touch on the heart string is everlasting. Never have a death scene, of a horse been more memorable and horrid.

Momo is a book that my teacher in elementary school read to the class and the vivid imagination as a kid of this book is forever etched into my soul. There is a Matrix before Matrix like theme in the book nd also in the film addaption one can say their is some mirroring themes of addolesence, innosence and how adults are forgetting how to have freedom from work, that reminds me loosly on the Matrix. A very Intriguing film adaption with some great cinematagrophy.

Edited by Icarium - July 20 2021 at 08:41
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2021 at 09:00
^ I haven't seen Momo (1986) and don't remember hearing of it. I got interested reading your post. I love The NeverEnding Story (1984). 

This song off of it is also excellent:

Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2021 at 14:19
^ that song is so good, and shen it appears in Stranger Things, gooose bomps, instantly.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2021 at 14:27
Originally posted by Shadowyzard Shadowyzard wrote:

^ I haven't seen Momo (1986) and don't remember hearing of it. I got interested reading your post. I love The NeverEnding Story (1984). 

This song off of it is also excellent:

more info on the book, i actualy also read the book mysel later on, very good book, Ende is good with bringing in themes of philosophy, like metaphysics and such themes, in a light way.

Momo, also known as The Grey Gentlemen or The Men in Grey, is a fantasy novel by Michael Ende, published in 1973. It is about the concept of time and how it is used by humans in modern societies. The full title in German (Momo oder Die seltsame Geschichte von den Zeit-Dieben und von dem Kind, das den Menschen die gestohlene Zeit zurückbrachte) translates to Momo, or the strange story of the time-thieves and the child who brought the stolen time back to the people. The book won the Deutscher Jugendliteraturpreis in 1974.
 Post Reply Post Reply