Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Deppth of the Pitt - An Actors Poll

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Which one is the better actor for you?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
7 [58.33%]
5 [41.67%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2021 at 15:13
^ Weller  Clap ... and Lithgow rocks.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
SuperMetro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMetro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2021 at 15:32
I do not really care for any of these guys, but I will go with Johnny Depp for now. 
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2021 at 07:52
Hi,

I really wanted to mention 12 MONKEYS and specially BP's work in that film. I do not think that JD could have done that role as well, without trying to be cute and wink at the ladies on the side. BP probably made that role special for Terry Gilliam, and likely was far more into it and detailed than TG himself might have thought or done. Kinda reminds me of Robin Williams and the Bridges guy in THE FISHER KING. They never broke into something of a burlesque story, and continued the characterizations all the way to the end, in what was a vital thing for the story to make it through. This was the case for 12 MONKEYS, although I find the ending a bit off the whole thing, and likely a sidetrack demanded by the film studio, another of the many problems that TG has had with many a studio! At least now he can do it with a lot of computers and not have to rely on the crap of some one that thinks he owns the studio and all the money in the world!

Again, both are fine, though I think that BP has a much wider ability of expression and a better understanding of the need to be "complete" in the performance. I find that JD breaks for an "aside" way too much be it intentional or not, and I kinda find that a bit on the cheesy side.

Edited by moshkito - October 03 2021 at 19:27
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2021 at 15:26
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

I really wanted to mention 12 MONKEES

12 Monkees? Was that at the audition before they hired Peter, Mickey, Mike and Davy?

Edited by The Dark Elf - October 03 2021 at 15:26
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2021 at 19:28
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

12 Monkees? Was that at the audition before they hired Peter, Mickey, Mike and Davy?

Hi,

Fixed to make sure you don't get confused. I actually misspelled it on purpose to see if you were reading! Big smile
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2021 at 19:36

Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

Hi,

Fixed to make sure you don't get confused. I actually misspelled it on purpose to see if you were reading! Big smile

Hi,  

I quoted just your first mangled sentence with the spelling error, because as a rule I never waste time reading the rest of your rambling nonsense. 
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12