Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Text from italianprog.com

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote italianprog.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Text from italianprog.com
    Posted: February 07 2022 at 09:57
Hi everyone,
it's not the first time that I notice that the text from my site italianprog.com is used on sale and auction descriptions or information sites talking about this subject, with no mention of the source.
Not a huge problem for me if someone uses the results of my 20+ years of research, but please mention where you copied all that from!
This time I notice that the Alan Sorrenti biography here on ProgArchives is entirely taken from my site, and the "authors" of this copy&paste even added their names.
Can someone please correct this?

Thanks

lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2022 at 10:53
Originally posted by italianprog.com italianprog.com wrote:

Hi everyone,
it's not the first time that I notice that the text from my site italianprog.com is used on sale and auction descriptions or information sites talking about this subject, with no mention of the source.
Not a huge problem for me if someone uses the results of my 20+ years of research, but please mention where you copied all that from!
This time I notice that the Alan Sorrenti biography here on ProgArchives is entirely taken from my site, and the "authors" of this copy&paste even added their names.
Can someone please correct this?

Thanks

Hi Augusto

I can’t comment on your reasonable complaint (that is for admin), but what a nice site you have created. Now added to a bookmark.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2022 at 11:38
Hello Augusto, I am one of the two people who signed the bio - the other being my husband. First of all, I am extremely sorry about what happened. We added Alan Sorrenti a long time ago (probably over ten years ago), and at the time we were much less experienced in netiquette than we are now.

Copying and pasting a bio, or a review, from another website, and signing it with my name is something I would NEVER do now. I wrote reviews for quite a long time, for this site and others, and it has happened to me to find them copied and pasted on other websites without any credit given, so I know very well how it feels. I will immediately edit the bio to give credit to your website (which has been an invaluable resource for us when we were still active here as collaborators), and just point out that we added the artist to the database. In the meantime, please accept our apologies once again, and thank you for all your work.

Edit: Entry has been edited. If necessary, I'll edit it again to give credit where it is due: http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=2807

Edited by Raff - February 07 2022 at 11:42
Dark Ness View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dark Ness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2022 at 11:57
Indeed, what a valuable work you've been sharing with all of us on your site.
Thank You !

(I'm quite sure you'll forgive Raffaella's older days - who hasn't sinned before? )
italianprog.com View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote italianprog.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2022 at 13:56
Thanks to you all for your nice words.
Raff, I didn't want to be so crude and I'm sorry if my reaction was excessive, especially on a wonderful site like ProgArchives where the readers' contributions are essential.
I don't usually care too much for people copying what I wrote, but sometimes...too much is too much. In my site I always tried to mention the names of everyone who helped me with info and pictures on each page along with any sources used to collect all the details, but I also made my mistakes (especially in the first years of existence of the site).
Thanks for editing the page, I appreciate it.

Ciao from Italy!

Augusto Croce - Perugia Italy
** www.italianprog.com
** www.italianprog.it
 Post Reply Post Reply