1 [20.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: When Disney made awesome Cartoons 80s/90s
    Posted: September 08 2022 at 10:42
This is from a top 10 disney mid noon / morning tv series, when Dieny created some awesome young addult friendly shows that was aimed at everyone. I included also Gargoyls as that was omitted in the top 10 list i found.

I don't know if you were in the right age when these shows were aired, but they are generally liked by most, and Doug Walker has a nice run through with them on Nostalgia Critic were he preyzes them. This was the hay day of linear TV aimed at youth. And Disney made some really great content.

The Gummy Bears is such a spessial show in my heart and the theme song is one of the best theme songs ever, which is amazing sins Ducktales also has an amazing theme song.

Is Ducktales among the finest Tv-series of its kind?
Archisorcerus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2022 at 10:53
DuckTales was a standout cartoon. My vote goes to it.

I haven't watched Gargoyles. I hear (actually read) from people that it is awesome.
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2022 at 11:42
Whoa! No Quack Pack? I'll pick Darkwing Duck then. It was great and had an exquisite theme song.
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2022 at 12:15
I was thinking of Quack Pack, could have added it, but i also wanted to be strict, though they could take the place from the Young Muppets, but i will stick to my choise
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2022 at 13:14
Winnie the pooh forever. 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2022 at 15:05
Oh I think Mulan
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2022 at 06:13
Hi,

As much as I love cartoons, and specially the early Disney and the Warner Brothers group, these did not turn me on, although some were interesting. 

If you ever "read" the book "Cartoon Music", you will get the idea why some of these were not valuable for me, as they did not have the underlying quality and dynamic that had glued the originals together so well. 

Duck Tales" was fun, but still not as much fun as so much of the earlier stuff.

Edited by moshkito - February 04 2024 at 07:35
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2022 at 14:24
The best film that spawned a serires cartoon is Aladdin, i have been completly obsessed by the Aladdin tv-series cartoon, itvis very good.

Goofe Troop is also very good, Goofy and Black Pete carries itvstrong on 90s sit-com formate.
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2024 at 13:40
Alright. So recently I decided to give that Chip & Dale episode a watch. Yeah,
that one 😻:

It was pretty good, but that outfit for Gadget was just something else. :P
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2024 at 07:37
Originally posted by Hrychu Hrychu wrote:

Alright. So recently I decided to give that Chip & Dale episode a watch. Yeah,
that one 😻:

It was pretty good, but that outfit for Gadget was just something else. :P

Hi,

I like Jessica Rabbit better!

Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2024 at 16:54
Quote Hi,

I like Jessica Rabbit better!
Oh man. Jessica Rabbit was super hot too.

Though personally I'd say Roxanne (Goofy Movie) tops those two for me. A whole another level of cartoon waifu quality. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ xd
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2024 at 21:21
Must be an age thing for me I guess but I never watched any cartoons past about 12 years old.
Hanna-Barbera ruled in those days (late sixties/early seventies) Wacky Races, Scooby-Doo, Top Cat (although that was already 'classic' even by that time), The Flintstones, Dastadly and Muttley (in their flying machines). Those have my heart. 

Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2024 at 21:40
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Must be an age thing for me I guess but I never watched any cartoons past about 12 years old.
Hanna-Barbera ruled in those days (late sixties/early seventies) Wacky Races, Scooby-Doo, Top Cat (although that was already 'classic' even by that time), The Flintstones, Dastadly and Muttley (in their flying machines). Those have my heart. 

Haha. You missed the best (or at lest my favorite) eras of TV animation (late 80's until about ~2018 ish). The Hanna Barbera stuff you've listed didn't age that well IMO.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2024 at 10:54
Originally posted by Hrychu Hrychu wrote:

Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Haha. You missed the best (or at lest my favorite) eras of TV animation (late 80's until about ~2018 ish). The Hanna Barbera stuff you've listed didn't age that well IMO.

nothing ages well until it comes back into fashion Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply