Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Peter Gabriel - i/o (New Album)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2023 at 21:41
Originally posted by Heart of the Matter Heart of the Matter wrote:

One more:

Of course, here's the link to the PA entry:

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2023 at 11:06
I'm really liking all of these songs.......We see him live in October
Heart of the Matter View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heart of the Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2023 at 09:23
New moon, new track:

projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2023 at 15:14
Finally, we have a release date for the album !!!

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heart of the Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2023 at 20:19
Great!
Octopus II View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Octopus II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2023 at 00:57
Good news.

I'm not sure about that album cover though? Disapprove
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heart of the Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2023 at 08:50
Penultimate single:

richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2023 at 10:02
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2023 at 21:00

Penultimate single:

Excellent track! Thumbs Up

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heart of the Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2023 at 10:32
I agree, and a great string arrangement!
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2023 at 19:33
What I've heard sounds great, getting goosebumps!
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2023 at 23:14

"i/o The Tour will see Peter playing new material from his forthcoming album i/o, as well as delving into his extensive catalogue of music, with hits, fan favourites and the unexpected. For the shows, Gabriel will be joined by regular band-mates Tony Levin, David Rhodes and Manu Katché. Full details on the i/o album will follow."

Source: https://petergabriel.com/news/i-o-the-tour-announced/

as well as delving into his extensive catalogue of music, with hits, fan favourites and the unexpected

I've not mentioned about the show we saw in Seattle in early October. The production, imagination, creativity of the live show were off the charts for the most part. Some of the best stuff I have seen......The musicianship was stellar, PG did an amazing job, as always, assembling stellar artists.

So what was lacking?? What I highlighted above. The show was 80-85% the new i/o album songs and unfortunately not too exciting from a live performance perspective. For me, some of the show was dare I say slightly boring Shocked. Some of the new songs did play well like Panopticom, Playing For Time, And Still a few others. There were only a handful of these "fan favourtites" that got the crowd up and dancing, singing and moving. From that perspective the show was great, the balance was literally a sit down and listen appreciate the production and artistry.
This was not a Secret World Live show......I'm still glad we went and experienced what we did, but I would be lying if I did not say I really wanted to hear more of the "fan favs".......Considering this may be the last PG tour. 

Octopus II View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Octopus II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2023 at 06:44
I have got this on pre-order, and purposefully have not listened to any tracks posted on youtube etc. 

I can't wait to hear the album in full for the first time in December. Smile
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2023 at 19:23
... and the last track from the album:

Negoba View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Negoba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2023 at 09:23
I saw the live show and thought it was phenomenal. Our set-list was more 50-50 new album vs older material.
You are quite a fine person, and I am very fond of you. But you are only quite a little fellow, in a wide world, after all.
Frets N Worries View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frets N Worries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2023 at 09:58
I haven't listened to any of the singles yet to save myself for the full album, but from the snippets I've heard it sounds promising
Cause its only knock and know all, but I like it...

Writing (Or Suffering from Writers Block)

Working on a New Album|Bandcamp
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123