Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A.I. and Prog???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UnderGround Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2023 at 23:36
Originally posted by cstack3 cstack3 wrote:

Musical tools like Mellotron were once feared and reviled by traditional orchestra musicians, who saw the device as a threat.  Bah.  If anything, classical music is more popular and accepted now.  

Samplers and mellotron(for the musicians) its not the same threat as AI(for the most of art forms) and we will understand it better in the future...
I wish, from the bottom of my heart, i am wrong...
https://antonisadelfidis.bandcamp.com/album/zantea-chronicles-the-dream-dominator
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2023 at 00:52
I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
UnderGround View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UnderGround Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2023 at 01:13
In the end, and this is the most scary, it will be very difficult to believe any musician about the originality of his/her work...
It must have been written by the musician or will have used A.I.?
https://antonisadelfidis.bandcamp.com/album/zantea-chronicles-the-dream-dominator
Gerinski View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gerinski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2023 at 07:34
We have to be careful with using the term AI. Nowadays it is becoming used for anything which is actually nothing more than a set of complex algorithms, for example I read about TV manufacturers saying that "the image is improved by AI", and I think that's rather BS.

True AI is that which can learn more and more by itself. As long as you keep providing it more and more data it will learn and develop further by itself.

Edited by Gerinski - July 04 2023 at 23:51
Dapper~Blueberries View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dapper~Blueberries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2023 at 14:52

I've seen some interesting artwork generated using AI tools, is anyone using A.I. to compose prog music?  

I think someone using Ai to compose prog would be the worst thing ever. I love music and art when it has a human component in it. Even when it is bad, I can still at least respect it. AI art and music are not human, and thus I feel nothing but discontent towards (also because a lot of AI art uses art from people on the internet which is basically just stealing so that is also a net negative for AI art)

I rather listen to Love Beach a thousand and one times before I will say anything good about AI art.
D~B
UnderGround View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UnderGround Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2023 at 05:31
Originally posted by Dapper~Blueberries Dapper~Blueberries wrote:

I've seen some interesting artwork generated using AI tools, is anyone using A.I. to compose prog music?  

I rather listen to Love Beach a thousand and one times before I will say anything good about AI art.

LOL
MortSahlFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MortSahlFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2023 at 07:39
I've enjoyed the track (especially vocal) remover/isolator. I'm a musician. I play real instruments, but I can't stand my voice, can't find musicians, and I've thought about using AI instead, but have looked for some of my favorite singers singing my favorite songs by other bands as long as it matched.

Edited by MortSahlFan - July 05 2023 at 07:40
https://www.youtube.com/c/LoyalOpposition

https://www.scribd.com/document/382737647/MortSahlFan-Song-List
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2023 at 13:42

I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2023 at 13:44

Go, Joe! Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12