Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Exit Stage Left (Sweden) - Crossover Prog?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Exit Stage Left (Sweden) - Crossover Prog?
    Posted: June 22 2023 at 20:30
Another band whose music is part prog, part hard rock and part AOR, but I think with enough of the former to just about get them included here - and their debut album is a real cracker - so let's hope it all goes well for them. Smile

In the late summer of 2019 in Borås, Sweden, two musicians were on their way to meet up at a parking lot for one of their usual jam sessions. Sharing a love for progressive music and instrumental tomfoolery, they’d been playing together for a while trying to create something special. And this time, it WAS special. Singer/guitarist Arvid Wilhelmsson had brought a new song with him which was destined to be the first ever written for the band that would eventually become "Exit Stage Left" - a name they chose due to their shared love of the legendary live album by Rush.

A few months later, keyboardist Daniel Lyngsaa Larsson and drummer Jimmy Svahn joined the band, and with a looming pandemic on the horizon, the quartet started to work on original music - spending long nights trying out new ideas and developing their sound - with the songwriting of Arvid Wilhelmsson at its core.

The single 'Piece Of Gold' was finally released on all download and streaming sites on March 17th 2023, and the album 'Appleberry Trees' came soon after on March 31st - with a 2 LP release following a couple of weeks later. The album tells the story of a life's journey. It’s about growing up, spreading your wings, and despite things not working out as you’d hoped, you’re still thankful for the journey you took a chance on.

'Appleberry Trees' tracklisting:

1. Piece Of Gold (4:36) 
2. Good People (4:11) 
3. End Of The Night (6:49) 
4. Appleberry Trees (4:01) 
5. Vagabond's Respite (6:59) 
6. Son (6:30) 
7. Shine Through (4:07) 
8. The Poet (6:35) 
9. Old Man Smile (3:49) 
10. Champs-Élysées (3:41) 

Total time 51:18

- Arvid Wilhelmsson / guitar, vocals
- Robin Hellsing / bass
- Jimmy Svahn / drums
- Daniel Lyngsaa Larsson / keyboards, backing vocals

With:
- Jan Bengtson / flute

CD Xprnc Sweden AB - XPRNCESL - 001 (2023, Sweden)
2 x Vinyl LP Xprnc Sweden AB - XPRNCESL01 (2023, Sweden)
Listening links:

Progfreak/TagYourMusic (added by Uwe a couple of months ago): https://tagyourmusic.org/artists/20577.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2023 at 07:21
I'll take this to the crossover team. 
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2023 at 03:34
added
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2023 at 04:11
^ Thanks, but guess what... Line 1 of the biography: 'Bor�s, Sweden' has replaced 'Borås, Sweden', and in line 2 (and also the last two lines) we've got a ? where there should be a ' (this occurs twice in the last line, though these errors are all my own fault again for not checking the biography I posted for non standard apostrophes Ermm. Sorry about that - I do check my apostrophes more thoroughly these days, so hopefully it won't happen again).
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2023 at 04:17
Originally posted by yam yam yam yam wrote:

^ Thanks, but guess what... Line 1 of the biography: 'Bor�s, Sweden' has replaced 'Borås, Sweden', and in line 2 (and also the last two lines) we've got a ? where there should be a ' (this occurs twice in the last line, though these errors are all my own fault again for not checking the biography I posted for non standard apostrophes Ermm. Sorry about that - I do check my apostrophes more thoroughly these days, so hopefully it won't happen again).

I'll try and fix that. Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply