Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is Agent Fresco prog?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slednicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is Agent Fresco prog?
    Posted: September 01 2023 at 12:07
I don't see them in the Artist list

https://youtu.be/1VmNTl6JvDY?si=ztFjt_RCO7mqu64C
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2023 at 13:21
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2023 at 13:42

It has been discussed before, and was suggested for Crossover Prog but did not get an response. We do have certain guidelines for submission: PLEASE READ FIRST - Artist Submission Procedure (CLICK) but ti looked a pretty good submission before that sadly got missed.

See: Agent Fresco for Crossover (CLICK)

https://rateyourmusic.com/artist/agent-fresco

A more vibrant thread from before:

Agent Fresco Rocks (CLICK)

Based on my limited listening, it sounds like a very good candidate for Crossover Prog to me. I suggest responding to the topic I linked to in Suggest New bands with your thoughts (and ideally link to this topic and the Agent Fresco rocks one). Hope it works out well. Sounds like very good stuff.

Edited by Logan - September 01 2023 at 13:43
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2023 at 14:14
I thought they were on PA. 
It seems we didn't get a proper biography, whoever suggested them in the past didn't follow the submission procedure and the suggestion was ignored. 

I think they're a better fit for progressive metal. 
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2023 at 14:39
I thought greger_jens bio looks half-decent on the surface, not so much that I would completely ignore it. But then you see that it is copy-paste job and not at all original. I might have asked for more and explained what was lacking, but you guys only have so much time in the world (I had been consulted with the guidelines so I cannot complain about them). Of course friendly guidance and erring on the more tolerant side is best but it is not always that feasible/ economical. And there is that saying that if you give someone an inch they will take a mile. Back then certain teams were being really inundated with suggestions which is one reason why we felt in fairness to the teams you needed the guidelines. This is all voluntary and people here generally do they best they can in reason. Sincere thanks for your hard work.

Maybe someone will write a decent AND original bio one of these days. That thread I provided the link to can be beefed up if anyone has the time and inclination.
terramystic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terramystic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2023 at 04:29
It sounds prog to me (especially the drumming).
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terramystic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2023 at 04:36
Why complicate things with bio? Isn't hearing music itself enough?
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2023 at 04:48
Originally posted by terramystic terramystic wrote:

Complicate things?! 
So helping the collabs is complicating things. Good one. Ouch

Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2023 at 09:43
^ Part of the Socratic method is answering a question with a leading question to help teach someone to explore the issue and find answers, but that is what I call a counter-question. It's not an approach I tend to use, but is common with some. It shifts it and has underlying assumptions.

Originally posted by terramystic terramystic wrote:

I wish I could answer both questions better.

Hearing the music at this site is not enough with how it was set up or with the codified expectations. At another site it could be. I did not set up the site, nor do I own the site, and that is something that is ultimately up to the owner.

These archives of Prog were designed to include info on bands/ artists to go with including albums and a place to review those. This is a reference site in part, and including such info is common with many reference sites. I find bios useful and interesting (not just here, but on Wikipedia etc.).

Regarding a copy-paste bio, like that one, we ask for original ones (written in someone's own words while taken from researching other people's writings commonly) because using others writings is an intellectual property. If one has permission to use another person's writing then it is not the same problem.

The bios can be considerable effort to put together, I have pulled all-nighters preparing additions, and so we ask that those who request bands help in that regard. We used not to have such strict guidelines but it was putting so much pressure on the teams. It also does help with some quality control that people suggest music that they care enough about to actually put some effort into the Suggestion topics. It's sad that some have complained about suggestions without being willing to put the work in themselves. There can be this sense of entitlement from some people and such negativity that brings people so far down who are volunteering their time. It's partially about fairness since there are expectations for the site with how it was set up by the owners.

I don't think we need or could ever have ever act that made Prog under the sun. I have thought that maybe we could have a side category under Various Artists which does not need bios for bands/ artists that made one album deemed Prog and many that are not.

We have site staff such as Cristi and myself that are officially collaborators, but ideally as far as I am concerned, we are all collaborating together. Help is so appreciated. We';re all in it together, and of course sharing is caring!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terramystic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2023 at 22:36
I agree it's good to publish a bio. It's just that sometimes it's difficult to find enough info for a decent bio or you just don't have enough time.

Edited by terramystic - September 02 2023 at 23:21
 Post Reply Post Reply