Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Upcoming release from T.A.P

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JobbornProgPromoter2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Upcoming release from T.A.P
    Posted: September 19 2023 at 16:59
A big day (no, not another one!), as the collaboration with some USA/Canadian musicians - namely T.A.P (T.A.P-Prog) - bears fruit. Our debut album, CD/digital, is available for pre-order today, with a release date of October 6th.
The album is called ‘Paradigms’ and is released on Nick Katona’s MRR label.
It’s an instrumental project that combines ambient soundscapes infused here and there with prog/rock, jazz, blues, and world music vibes.
https://tapprog.bandcamp.com/album/paradigms
Find out about who is involved, what early reviewers have said, and access our EPK (electronic press kit) on our website
https://www.tapprog.com

Here is a video of our latest single
https://youtu.be/U58uorZkqc8

This is what other musicians had to say about the album.

"What I have heard of your album so far sounds fkn amazing. Totally unique. Can't say it sounds like anyone cause it does not” - Chris Gill (Band Of Rain)

“Really cool! Great atmospheres and cool riffs. At times reminded me of Pink Floyd or Gentle Giant. Fun Prog! Congrats! Really impressed.”
- Dave Kerzner ('Sound of Contact', 'Dave Kerzner Band', 'In Continuum')

​“A progressive experimental collection of music that has thrown out the formula book to give way to free form moods, mental atmospheres and innovative sound design. Definitely something to enjoy in its entirety . Digging it!”
- Simon Collins (‘Sound Of Contact’, ‘eMOLECULE’)

“Wow - I love it. Very impressed. Great moods, great progressive grooves, awesome guitar, gritty keys, solid bass, very cool stuff!”
- Matt Dorsey (‘Sound Of Contact’, ‘In Continuum’, ‘Dave Kerzner Band’)

“T.A.P’s 'Paradigm' is a compelling return to the roots of prog with a 7 superb tracks waxing musical tapestries infused with jazz fusion and rock. At times it made me think of the supergroup UK or something from Bill Bruford's 'Masterstrokes'. It is an exciting listen filled with interwoven melodies, rhythms and musical themes.”
- Kelly Nordstrom (‘Sound Of Contact’, ‘eMOLECULE’)

​“...an absolute blast... guitar technique and tone to die for throughout, some really inventive arrangements with prog, ambient, hints of jazz fusion, blues, even a bit of carnival haha. Fab keys and orchestration, some very inventive percussion - lots of room for the music to move and groove but never descends into indulgence. It's well outside my usual comfort zone but when everyone brings their A Game like that and creates the right moods and can move seamlessly through those kind of arrangements it's a winner. Production is really good. Delicious basslines. Silence From The Storm! Yum”
- Charlie Bramald (‘Ghost of the Machine’)

Edited by JobbornProgPromoter2 - September 19 2023 at 17:09
JobbornProgPromoter2 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JobbornProgPromoter2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2023 at 19:11
Here is a video of our first single, The Progbient.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvT1Pr9TNNI
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2023 at 03:39
great, a line up comprised of such prolific musicians might not be a guarantee for something spectacular per se, but the already released singles are very promising indeed Clap

Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JobbornProgPromoter2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2023 at 06:45
Originally posted by Rivertree Rivertree wrote:

great, a line up comprised of such prolific musicians might not be a guarantee for something spectacular per se, but the already released singles are very promising indeed Clap

thanks so much. cannot wait for evereyone to hear the full album. cheers
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JobbornProgPromoter2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2023 at 11:25
Contest time. im going to give a download of this album to the first person to private message me telling me the name of one of the two singles that have been released so far. part of winning the album download is you come to this post after you hear the whole album and share your thoughts on what you thought about the album.

Edited by JobbornProgPromoter2 - September 22 2023 at 12:16
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2023 at 17:55
what a treasure, take your chance, folks Clap

Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JobbornProgPromoter2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2023 at 18:35
Originally posted by Rivertree Rivertree wrote:

what a treasure, take your chance, folks Clap

thank you very much. happy you are enjoying the album. this contest has been going all day. no one has sent me an answer. did same contest on progressive ears and there is a winner there.
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2023 at 05:47
After listening to the sapled song, I'm quite interested in this album. I'm sure I'll get my own copy.
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JobbornProgPromoter2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2023 at 10:36
Originally posted by Manuel Manuel wrote:

After listening to the sapled song, I'm quite interested in this album. I'm sure I'll get my own copy.

Thanks very much Manuel. happy you liked what you hear and appreciate the support my friend. cheers.
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JobbornProgPromoter2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2023 at 20:06
T.A.P is being featured tonight on the Gagliarchives. Tune in if you can. Cheers.
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JobbornProgPromoter2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2023 at 15:27
Sunday Contest time. im going to give a download of this album to the first person to private message me telling me the name of the album that Mike Oldfield is best known for?. part of winning the album download is you come to this post after you hear the whole album and share your thoughts on what you thought about the album.
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JobbornProgPromoter2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2023 at 10:05
Here is a great review done by Colin.

“Please listen to this album more than once! There is so much going on here that only by repeated listening can you truly appreciate the sheer magnificence of this music. The sonic tapestries that the band manage to produce are amazing and musicianship is through the roof! It is hard to believe that this was all constructed remotely and the band have never all met together in person - it sounds so cohesive and well integrated.
So do yourself a favour and set aside an hour or so on at least a couple of occasions to give this wonderful album a deep listen. You won’t regret it.” 
- Colin Powell: A Multitude of One, Nova Cascade
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JobbornProgPromoter2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2023 at 13:46
Contest time again. first person to respond in this post to my question, will win a download of my band's Paradigms album.

what is the name of the album that Mike Oldfield is most famous for?
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JobbornProgPromoter2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2023 at 15:10
First review in for our album Paradigms. Steve did a find job describing his enjoyment of the album.

"Paradigms is a very impressive album. I have seen a couple of people I respect deeply on progressive music forums state it is their album of 2023, and I have no doubt it will reach the lists of many music magazines, fanzines, and websites. This website does not produce such lists. So, let me say this. If you appreciate music which seeks to break boundaries, tell stories without words, has sublime musicianship, and encourages the listener to immerse themselves in a collective’s vision & art, then you should get this. A genuine highlight of 2023" Read the rest of the review at the link provided.
https://lazland.org/album-reviews-2023-part-the-second/tap-paradigms

Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JobbornProgPromoter2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2023 at 10:18
Hello everyone. We hope you can join us during this listening party so you may listen to our debut album. It will start October 10th at 2pm eastern, 7pm uk and 11am pst. We would love to hear your feedback as you listen and ask questions if you would like. We are there to listen with you and answer any questions that may arise.
 Post Reply Post Reply