Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T.A.P Album Releases Today-October 6th-2023

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JobbornProgPromoter2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T.A.P Album Releases Today-October 6th-2023
    Posted: October 06 2023 at 07:31

Our album released today October 6th. Now all of you can go and listen to the album.
https://tapprog.bandcamp.com/album/paradigms
International Instrumental Prog Band T.A.P, alongside label MRR, are pleased to announce the release of their debut album ‘Paradigms’ - already available for pre-sales since 18th September.
This 8-track album will be available on CD from
Friday, October 6th. T.A.P: an “instrumental fusion of
progressive and ambient sounds
with a nice touch of jazz, blues,
psychedelic, and ethnic
influences stirred in for
perfection”, featuring members of
Djam Karet, The Muffins, Herd of
Instinct, Fearful Symmetry, Head
Joint, and Gayle Ellett & the
Electromags.
A full bio of the band, track
credits, reviews, images, and
sound clips, can be found on their
website.
See T.A.P Links below
Link to CDs & downloads:
T.A.P Links
https://tapprog.com
Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100093114785524
Melodic Revolution Records Links
https://mrrmusic.com/
Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/MelodicRevolutionRecords/
YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/c/MelodicRevolutionRecordsMusic
Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/melodicrevolutionrecords/
Bandcamp:
https://myrevolution.bandcamp.com/music
MRR band profile:
https://mrrmusic.com/project/t-a-p/
Contact email:
[email protected]
Facebook page:
https://facebook.com/T.A.P-Prog
©2023 T.A.P All rights reserved. File: TAP Press Release 3
This is what other musicians had to say about our debut album.

"What I have heard of your album so far sounds fkn amazing. Totally unique. Can't say it sounds like anyone cause it does not” - Chris Gill (Band Of Rain)
“Really cool! Great atmospheres and cool riffs. At times reminded me of Pink Floyd or Gentle Giant. Fun Prog! Congrats! Really impressed.” - Dave Kerzner ('Sound of Contact', 'Dave Kerzner Band', 'In Continuum')

“A progressive experimental collection of music that has thrown out the formula book to give way to free form moods, mental atmospheres and innovative sound design. Definitely something to enjoy in its entirety . Digging it!” - Simon Collins (‘Sound Of Contact’, ‘eMOLECULE’)
“Wow - I love it. Very impressed. Great moods, great progressive grooves, awesome guitar, gritty keys, solid bass, very cool stuff!”
- Matt Dorsey (‘Sound Of Contact’, ‘In Continuum’, ‘Dave Kerzner Band’)

“T.A.P’s 'Paradigm' is a compelling return to the roots of prog with a 7 superb tracks waxing musical tapestries infused with jazz fusion and rock. At times it made me think of the supergroup UK or something from Bill Bruford's 'Masterstrokes'. It is an exciting listen filled with interwoven melodies, rhythms and musical themes.”
- Kelly Nordstrom (‘Sound Of Contact’, ‘eMOLECULE’)

“...an absolute blast... guitar technique and tone to die for throughout, some really inventive arrangements with prog, ambient, hints of jazz fusion, blues, even a bit of carnival haha. Fab keys and orchestration, some very inventive percussion - lots of room for the music to move and groove but never descends into indulgence. It's well outside my usual comfort zone but when everyone brings their A Game like that and creates the right moods and can move seamlessly through those kind of arrangements it's a winner. Production is really good. Delicious basslines. Silence From The Storm! Yum” - Charlie Bramald (‘Ghost of the Machine’)
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2023 at 08:11
Hi,

Nice ... and for once clearly defining what "progressive" is really about, instead of a format and solo!

Very nice!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
JobbornProgPromoter2 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JobbornProgPromoter2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2023 at 08:56
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Hi,

Nice ... and for once clearly defining what "progressive" is really about, instead of a format and solo!

Very nice!

hello Moshkito. thanks very much for your feedback. really happy you are digging the album. take care. cheers.
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JobbornProgPromoter2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2023 at 10:03
first review is in... thank you Steve Lazenby of Lazland
"Paradigms is a very impressive album. I have seen a couple of people I respect deeply on progressive music forums state it is their album of 2023, and I have no doubt it will reach the lists of many music magazines, fanzines, and websites. This website does not produce such lists. So, let me say this. If you appreciate music which seeks to break boundaries, tell stories without words, has sublime musicianship, and encourages the listener to immerse themselves in a collective’s vision & art, then you should get this. A genuine highlight of 2023" Read the rest of the review at the link provided.

moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2023 at 11:56
Hi,

T. A. P. -- Paradigms 2023

It's been a while listening to something that is far out and takes your imagination away.

Too long!

And I was not surprised that this was a great album, that stands out for its well done material and how it is presented, although one could say that the various sound effects at the beginning and ending of some pieces are a bit ... on the what is this about, but in the end, it shows something that their "father" (Djam Karet) had in their very earlier days, before they found the idea of "song" ... and it was a thing for moody material, that felt like it was made for a movie, although here, in this album, it was not as much about this "visual" material as it was towards the evolution of the specific rock music. 

Gayle Ellett, once told me, when I joked about too many bands that played just notes and scales, and he said that he wasn't sure where they would stop and might go through the whole alphabet and end in Z. Well, guess what ... this is what you get here, and then some.

I think a lot of folks are going to say that the high end guitar excursions are very much like the earlier days King Crimson, but in my book, Mr. Fripp also gave those up for a lot of odd note combinations and sounds, that sometimes makes someone go ... what was that? This is not his "ambient" or the stuff that we often think as just "noise", from an electric guitar. You don't get that here, and the material continues flowing, and flying along. You could say that those two ideas are much better perfected here, although the high end solos seem to be a throwback to the rock sound that is preferred these days ... however, this is not like saying it is the same ... this is probably better thought out than just invented and created. It has a feeling that it was just an exploratory moment all along ... and this is one of the best possible feelings in a lot of music that is considered "progressive".

Starting with "Infinite Names", you immediately know that some folks in Hollywood are not listening ... some of this stuff belongs in movies ... and not just the "titles" and "credits" either ... stuff that can (and should) be used like Mogwai's material was used in the film "KIN", which was magnificent, and when you hear the album, several things stand out ... you can "see" things, and this introductory piece is one of those pieces, although after the start it seems to be a super nice non-stop piece, that really takes you away. Not sure we can ask for more than that in so much "progressive" music ... but the moments for the visual stuff that are not exactly a rock piece, are one thing that is incredible and very beautiful. Again, it is amazing that this is not found in more film ... it is absolutely great, and there are times when I like to say, I don't want a "song" material with it ... I want more of this stuff taking you (and me!) away. That's how neat it is! The fact that it does not stay stuck on one specific guitar sound for its moments, details how much care is thought about how to use it and add a different mood and perspective to the whole thing. In general, this is probably some of the most "progressive" and far out stuff that you can hear within this facet of music, although I dislike thinking that this is just "progressive", since, in the end, it is what it should be called ... FANTASTIC AND GREAT MUSIC!

If that first one was not enough, the following piece is a really nice ambient like piece that is augmented by the guitar and even visuals as there is some material to go with it (not in the CD I don't think!) that is really nice. And above it all, the guitar "solo" is almost completely away from the piece of music, and yet, it fits beautifully and the band stands with it, giving a life that is not something that we always will witness in a video of some kind. It's haunting and unusual moments, make this whole thing really strong, and very enjoyable ... but not for the top ten minded folks! Progbient, is the title, and it is a beauty!

Of all the pieces, probably the one that you will play the most, as I did ... about 5 times in a row!!!!) is "Silence from the Storm". And my goodness, this makes me feel like saying ... this is the best album by Djam Karet, ever, but that would not be fair to this piece, and how it was done ... it is very much T. A. P. and though it is easy to say that it is a fabulous reminder of the previous incarnation of a lot of this music, in the end, I hope it signals some of the future ahead for many of us ... incredible music that is lively and exciting, and not just a "song" for the folks that don't know or understand "progressive" music.

This piece flows so well and seems to be better than the later version (the HOI version) in that it is extended some and played to the max, and staying and following this piece all the way to the end, is nothing short of a masterpiece ... words really fail at this moment ... with glorious background keyboards, and really nice transitions to the other parts in the piece, it is a really well designed idea and well executed, to the point of ... all you can say is ... it can't get any better! It's impossible! Sure would love to see this live, that's for sure, although I am not sure that it could have the depth that this recording shows.

All in all, this albums is one of the most satisfying listens for any "progressive" listener, as long as said person is not expecting a metal medley or an abuse of instrument ability ... this bunch here, does not have to show off their abilities ... the music does all that, and it is a joy for your ears, provided that you are one of those folks that ... got to have that "progressive" fix ... and this is more than that ... way more than that ... a very special album,  that makes it very difficult to say a whole lot about it ... except that is goodness, never wanes, and the whole thing just made my day shine ... 

Probably one of the best things I have heard in the past several years. And it comes, AGAIN, from the collective that is a part of the Djam Karet family, without a doubt one of my very special listens after 30 years!

Titles of all the pieces:
1. Infinite Names
2. The Progbient
3. Initiate Protocol 7
4. Signal Transactions
5. Silence from the Storm
6. The Last Words of Sutch Schultz
7. Terminus
8. Silence from the Storm (HOI Mix) (HOI stands for Herd of Instinct)

Musicians:
Michael Jobborn
Mark Cook
Suzi James
Gayle Ellett
Paul Sears
Bill Bachman

Edited by moshkito - October 19 2023 at 13:16
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JobbornProgPromoter2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2023 at 14:51
WOW. thank you so much moshkito. really appriciate the time you put in to write that most amazing review. the band and myself thank you. hopefully soon we will get a band page here so that the reviews can get post to. you truly get what we were trying to achieve with our music. you understand the magic that comes from listening to this dense and beautiful music. already started on album #2. so this time next year roughly there will be a new album for everyone. take care. cheers
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2023 at 20:54
Originally posted by JobbornProgPromoter2 JobbornProgPromoter2 wrote:

WOW. thank you so much moshkito. really appriciate the time you put in to write that most amazing review. the band and myself thank you. hopefully soon we will get a band page here so that the reviews can get post to. you truly get what we were trying to achieve with our music. you understand the magic that comes from listening to this dense and beautiful music. already started on album #2. so this time next year roughly there will be a new album for everyone. take care. cheers

Hi,

Thx a bunch. Sometimes, it is hard for me to do a "review" since I am all about my intuition and how I perceive it and feel it ... and of course, the "cinematic" material is always the "style" I tend to find myself in. This is always a bit of an issue, here on PA, since I do not like the top this and top that, and prefer to stick to my independent nature. It was, in my book, the same "independent" nature that brought us all the music that ended up being called "progressive", with a very big thanks to the early days of the American FM Radio, before the great corporate radio rape that bought out all of these stations and ... since then ... we get "the classics", some of which are really poor for my ears.

When I first heard Djam Karet in 1995, I found something that reminded me of how much attention and appreciation I had for so many things in the early 70's and then into Europe for the next 10 years ... some folks like to say "progressive music died" but I can't get it to their heads that ART NEVER DIES ... our ears got stuck on the same things over and over again. And this brings us to the current day when so many folks try to ... AGAIN ... tell us that The Wall is progressive, which it is NOT. It is THEATRICAL first and the film helped clarify it even better!

I'm already thinking of how the heck I can put together a visual something or other for this material ... my head is all over the place with imaginings ... but this is not my first rodeo. In college (UCSB) I was in a film class and did a small film that had music by Kevin Ayers (Once I Awakened)(with his very neat permission!), and I merely put visuals to it, and the professor was astounded ... I was the only one that did a "concept piece" instead of the regular living room stuff that most folks did. Sadly, I was not able to finish the Super 8 film, and would love to redo it, but finding the right lady to play the main role like the one I had in that small film, is not exactly easy, as the "styles" today are not as "free" and "flowing" as they were in those days. 

Other than that, I have also taken a lot of my poetry into the music realm. Anthony Phillips allowed me to do my poem to a piece of his music, from "Slow Waves". A love song, for a situation that was not to happen, but it sounded  good to me, since I wrote it to that piece of music in the first place. It can be found at the Ygdrasil Journal of Poetic Arts ... Ygdrasil - JULY 2022 Audio ISSUE - Edited by Pedro Sena
Ygdrasil Press, 2022 ... 
I am in the process of doing many more poems that I have (over 150) ... into many more musical pieces provided I can get some permissions, which might not happen, and one will have to imagine the music instead. 
I hope I can find some money out of my Social Security funds, in order to get a camera, something that has evaded me for many years, and the Super 8 GAF I have is simply not useful anymore ... I need to be able to transfer it to the computer ... hopefully this will not take me forever, and come into fruition after I am dead and gone!

I thank you so much for your nice words, and you might show it to Gayle ... he's probably going to laugh at the Z comment, as I did way back when in an email. And don't start me on visuals for DK ... I have wanted to do so many of them, and they won't be computer generated stuff ... they will be "real", if I can ever do it!

Edited by moshkito - October 19 2023 at 21:03
www.pedrosena.com
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2023 at 13:21
Hi,

It's STILL the best album I have heard in 2023!
www.pedrosena.com
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JobbornProgPromoter2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2023 at 15:31
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Hi,

It's STILL the best album I have heard in 2023!

thanks a lot Moshkito. really happy it is your top album of this year. certainly means a lot. take care. cheers.
Frets N Worries View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frets N Worries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2023 at 16:56
Hey I'm listening to this album now, I'll post my review here and on PA's page :) (Loving it so far!)
Cause its only knock and know all, but I like it...

Writing (Or Suffering from Writers Block)

Working on a New Album|Bandcamp
Frets N Worries View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frets N Worries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2023 at 17:29
I'll be the first reviewer to write one on their page. I'm not great at reviewing, so apologies in advance. I've listened to this on Spotify, so here we go.. (Love the album cover by the way, very dark, and love that Orange and Black contrast)

1) Infinite Names (11:57) It starts out with what seems to be some reversed electric guitar, then some industrial sound effects. The effects continue, but there is now a straightforward guitar solo, it provides an atmospheric and dark introduction to this album. around the 3:20 mark, some heavier drums comes in as the solo continues. The solo fades out at 3:45, leading to some synth sounds and atmospheric choir sounds. Swirling synths continue as the choir fades in and out, it seems to be building. At the 5:30 mark, the guitar continues, but this time with a swagger to it! A slightly grittier tone comes on, it's as if Gilmour was in a grunge band. The choir is gone now, the swirling synths grow louder, as does the guitar and drums. At the 7:15 mark, the solo comes to an abrupt stop, as synths take over and the choir comes back, this time more haunting than the last. At 8:10 we hear 'random percussion' (as preformed by Suzi James) This seems to be an instrumental track, at there are no vocals as of the 9:30 mark. It's not just the intro to the album, it's an epic intro to what is (hopefully) a long lasting career! Reminds me a bit of something I'd do with all the atmospheric stuff. (In my forum signature if any of y'all are interested, but this is about the great band T.A.P., not me :)) Overall, a great track! Highly recommend to any instrumental prog fans in love with the atmospheric side of prog.

2) The Progbient (5:02) I assume this is a combination of the words 'Prog' and 'Ambient' of which I approve! We here violin (I think that's what that is) with a tone similar to what you'd find in The Beatles 'Revolution 9' (that's a compliment). Going into this track, I didn't know what to expect, and am writing this review while I listen to the record, so I'm not sure if there are any vocals (I just checked, this is an instrumental album, cool!) This works well as an instrumental album, although I'd be interesting to hear such talented musicians tackle some vocals! (There are wordless vocals, lots of 'ahhhhhhhhhhh') not sure how to describe the guitar tone, groovy? It sounds a lot like the first track, different atmosphere, and the guitar is lighter, so definitely a different track, until around 4:30 when there is a sudden change in tempo and mood, synths are taking over! A mourning violin starts as the track comes to a sudden stop. I am LOVING this so far!

3) Initiate Protocol 7 (5:55) Some flute opens us up (I think that's flute, hard to say) and an effect heavy guitar brings us right in. Piano completes the mood, I could fall asleep to this, it's oddly beautiful! I love the mix play the guitar and flute, it sounds like I'm on a boat (only with headphones) drifting downstream, drums and a reverb laden guitar continue us on our journey. A soaring solo and synth section will inevitably envelope the listener in it's wonderful soundscape. The song fades out to the flute and guitar still going back and forth.

4) Signal Transactions (6:22) A violin and a guitar full of volume swells and tapping provide a suitable introduction. Some wave sounds lie in the background as the track shifts in a more eclectic section, with harder hit drums and a grittier guitar tone. Ke ys come in and out. a bit bluesy, and a touch of psychedelia. a quickly arpegiating guitar moves us along quickly, and seems to speed the track up. Some more violin (reminiscent of King Crimson's 'Providence) guide us to the end, short and sweet!

5) Silence from the Storm (12:27) The longest song on this album by a mere 30s seems to begin right where the last track ended, with violin opening us up. It begins to build somewhere around 1:15, and build it does. I'm not sure where this is going, but it continues to build, and build! The guitar is leading us down a path to who knows where, but it's somewhere you'd rather not be. Heavily effected drums come in around 5:00, and the track is still building! Another solo section carries us over 7:30, it seems to have quieted down, but there's a ferocious intensity in the atmosphere, the album cover pairs perfectly with this track! How amazing this track would be with some darker vocals to match! However, in music such as this, I tend to not prefer vocals, although it might be fitting here (what you could do would be release the album as a double album, one disc with vocals, one without) The track unfortunately seems to have climaxed at the 5 minute mark, but when listening in whole, it is rewarding, the track climaxes early and then slowly lets itself down, still a great track

6) The Last Words of Don Schultz (5:02) A trippy opening and heavily delayed guitar (I think?) kick around a bit with some reversed drums (very interesting) this is probably the most experimental track of the lot, though none of these are. I do like the production though, modern but still has a bit of warmth to it. Very Jazzy and you can hear the worldly influence on the instrumentation, a bit African with the drums. The shortest track on the album, but still good.

7) Terminus (5:40) Opening with some tubular bells and guitar harmonics, which lead right into a bend-heavy solo and a quiet and slowly strummed guitar which leads into a chaotic drum part. Another building track, (if Oldfield liked Black Sabbath) . The atmospheric-ness of this track is less prominent that on the other tracks, but provides a suitable album finale!

In conclusion to the longest review I've ever written, My only regret in this album is that I didn't make it! Incredibly talented individuals, carry on proggin!

- Tennyson B. 'Atmos' 

Cause its only knock and know all, but I like it...

Writing (Or Suffering from Writers Block)

Working on a New Album|Bandcamp
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2023 at 19:02
Hi,
 (Removed) 

It's been posted and fixed. It appears that the first two paragraphs were the problem, as the tool apparently did not check the rest of the posted document.
I have, however, added it to my website already!

Thx all

Edited by moshkito - November 09 2023 at 13:39
www.pedrosena.com
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2023 at 20:03
The minimum is 100 words you should be able to post, I'd check your formatting
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
MikeEnRegalia View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeEnRegalia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2023 at 23:09
^^ You can add a short blurb on my website while you're writing a longer review - the minimum length for blurbs is zero (theoretically) Big smile
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2023 at 08:28
Originally posted by MikeEnRegalia MikeEnRegalia wrote:

^^ You can add a short blurb on my website while you're writing a longer review - the minimum length for blurbs is zero (theoretically) Big smile

hI,

I appreciate your request, but I'm a writer ... I don't exactly do "blurbs". I'm not sure that you, or others here, even care for the difference. Sadly enough considering where "progressive" came from that everyone has intentionally forgotten!Confused

I really think the blurb hurts the REAL PROGRESSIVE MUSIC ... not the 4/5 minutes stuff that is mostly reviewed as "prog" and fits more in the "pop" area than it does in any "progressive" area.

I'm a writer, not a blurb'er! Sorry to disappoint you!

Edited by moshkito - November 09 2023 at 13:41
www.pedrosena.com
 Post Reply Post Reply