Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Twilight Force for Prog Metal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nemesis_567 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Twilight Force for Prog Metal
    Posted: October 31 2023 at 05:01
Twilight Force is a Swedish power metal band founded in 2011. Known for their symphonic elements and fantasy-themed lyrics, they're heavily influenced by epic storytelling akin to tales of knights, dragons, and magic. The band members often adopt fictional personas, presenting themselves as characters from these fantastical tales. Their debut album, "Tales of Ancient Prophecies," was released in 2014, followed by "Heroes of Mighty Magic" in 2016 and "Dawn of the Dragonstar" in 2019. Twilight Force's theatrical live performances, combined with their intricate compositions, have garnered them a dedicated fanbase in the power metal community.

Tales of Ancient Prophecies (2014): Their debut album is a journey through a realm of magic and legends. Songs like "The Power of the Ancient Force" and "Twilight Horizon" encapsulate the essence of traditional power metal, with tales of valor and mystical quests. The album serves as an introduction to the lore and mythos the band would continue to explore.

Heroes of Mighty Magic (2016): Building upon their initial foundation, this album delves deeper into their fictional universe. With tracks like "Battle of Arcane Might" and "To the Stars," listeners are transported to epic battles and soaring skies. The incorporation of orchestral elements is more pronounced, and the album features a collaboration with Joakim Brodén of Sabaton, solidifying its place in the power metal pantheon.

Dawn of the Dragonstar (2019): This offering sees Twilight Force further refining their sound and narrative. The album is filled with tales of dragons, starlit journeys, and heroes rising against insurmountable odds. Songs such as "Night of Winterlight" and "With the Light of a Thousand Suns" showcase their ability to craft memorable hooks while painting vivid pictures of fantastical adventures.

This year they released At the Heart of Wintervale.

Throughout their career, Twilight Force has been lauded for their commitment to the fantasy genre, their intricate compositions, and theatrical live performances. Their albums serve not just as collections of songs, but as chapters in an ever-evolving saga that captivates their audience.

Would you consider them progressive?

Example song: https://open.spotify.com/intl-pt/track/6aW52zMQMtuFXOKf9TD6sU?si=146013c9bbe44c61

Edited by nemesis_567 - October 31 2023 at 05:26
Archisorcerus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2023 at 07:27
I love Twilight Force and their singer Allyon (Alessandro Conti) is one of my 3 favourite singers.

Whilst, I don't see them being accepted here as prog.
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2023 at 17:24
^ I agree. Twilight Force are a fine Epic/Symphonic Power Metal band, but I really can't imagine them being included on PA.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2023 at 01:22
Surprised by this suggestion, I don't even know if I should take it to the team TBH. Confused

Edited by Cristi - November 01 2023 at 02:06
Gordy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Folk/Eclectic/PSIKE/Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2023 at 16:50
The team ultimately listened to Twilight Force but we simply couldn't hear any prog and thus rejected them. My apologies but thank you for the thoughtful suggestion.
MikeEnRegalia View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MikeEnRegalia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2023 at 17:16
Well, fans of the band can always support them over at AwesomeProg.com, regardless of their prog status. I've added all the albums with links to Bandcamp, Spotify, RYM and the official videos on YouTube. Smile

nemesis_567 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nemesis_567 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2023 at 07:32
Thank you for taking the time to review this. I'll consider them a epic power metal band with some progressive elements from now on then!
 Post Reply Post Reply