Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Elevenwire (USA) - Crossover or Heavy Prog?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Elevenwire (USA) - Crossover or Heavy Prog?
    Posted: November 29 2023 at 18:29
Not much to say about these guys at the moment, but their album is a good 'un, and definitely belongs on the site, so here's what little info I can currently find about them:

ELEVENWIRE is a progressive rock band formed by brothers Ron HUGHES and Jonathan HUGHES together with their long-time friend and collaborator, Jim ARMSTRONG.  Although they are a new band, their debut album 'Blood Red Sun' has been years in the making, and is a fusion of progressive rock, hard rock, and pop featuring sonic soundscapes and epic storytelling. The trio's main influences are stated to be '70s and '80s progressive rock and hard rock, and their debut album 'Blood Red Sun', featuring Eric GILLETTE (NEAL MORSE BAND, TEMIC, etc.) on drums, was released on November 30, 2023, being mixed and mastered at Eric GILLETTE's EKG studios in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The album has been described as "powerful melodic prog with a twist of metal".

Band photo with Eric Gillette:

Band members (monochrome drawing):

'Blood Red Sun':

1. Overture 00 (2:37) 
2. Zero One (4:36) 
3. Aggressive Tendencies (5:10) 
4. Blood Red Sun (6:19) 
5. Fortress (5:27) 
6. Kaleidoscope (5:57) 
7. Paradigm (7:44) 
8. Where Do We Go From Here? (4:39) 
9. Blood Red Sun (Epilogue) (2:53) 

Total Time 45:22

- Ron Hughes / vocals, guitars, bass
- Jonathan Hughes / vocals, keyboards
- Jim Armstrong / guitars, vocal stylings

With:

- Eric Gillette / drums

CD Blood and Tail Records (2023, USA)

Digital album

Artwork by Thomas Ewerhard.

Edit: Here's another drawing of the three guys in the band - this time in colour:

If that brief bio above isn't considered to be enough, I'll message them on Facebook and ask if they can provide a bit more background info about them and their project.

Edit 2: This suggestion hasn't been picked up by the Crossover team, and I'm wondering if that might be because the material might be a better fit in Heavy Prog, so I've edited the topic title to included both sub genres in the hope that the Heavy Prog team might be prepared to have a listen, and maybe add them to their chart to start things off. I don't think it goes quite far enough to be considered as Prog Metal, but I've been wrong plenty of times before, so who knows. Embarrassed

Edited by yam yam - December 01 2023 at 12:53
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2023 at 07:19
Heavy prog is a better fit. Smile

Edited by Cristi - December 05 2023 at 07:28
rdtprog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Heavy, RPI, Symph, JR/F Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdtprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2023 at 13:18
Ok i will send this to the team
Music is the refuge of souls ulcerated by happiness.

Emile M. Cioran

yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2023 at 08:27
Added to Heavy Prog: https://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=12596.

With thanks to Louis and Cristi. Thumbs Up
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2023 at 08:43
Are you sure you/they want to use that band photo? It is one of the most ugliest I've seen and not really very "promotional" (let alone professional...).

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
 Post Reply Post Reply