Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Glass Prism for Psychedelic Prog

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VultureCulture07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Glass Prism for Psychedelic Prog
    Posted: January 01 2024 at 19:12

Perhaps not a household name Glass Prism hails from Berwick, Pennsylvania and rose from the ashes of a group called the El Camino's in 1969. The members consisted of drummer Rick Richards, bassist and vocalist Augie Christiano, guitarist Tom Varano, and guitarist and organist Carl Siracuse. Siging with RCA Victor in 1969 and behind the mind of Christiano the group decided to record a concept album on the poetry of Edgar Allen Poe and so Poe Through the Glass Prism was born. A rich concept album filled with tastful piano and driven by the organ of Siracuse. Moderate success was gained but more importantly an obscure prog masterpiece was born. After the release Siracuse left to form The Buoys and the group went on to record a less profound album in form of On Joy and Sorrow, a solid album with high musical quality but less creative lyrically. Unfortunately Christiano left and the band never recorded another album despite an attempt under the name Shenandoah, the remaining members preformed off and on until 1976 when they ended for good. Although in recent years some members have had reunions and even released another Poe themed album in 2015.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIgu_2-0zXDBIlto3FJ-znTuG71GI4ec5&si=397Roq0H3WCrM5e4

I want to disclose I don't truly know whether glass prism qualifies so obviously I will leave that to the experts but they are definitely an interesting footnote in prog history.
My Link     I make content here... Sometimes
 Post Reply Post Reply