Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A Horror Movie for Prog Fans

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Horror Movie for Prog Fans
    Posted: January 12 2024 at 09:23
I came across this Horror/Comedy movie on IMDb - Destroy All Neighbors  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7884368/

"Struggling prog-rock musician William Brown finds himself in a living nightmare when he accidentally kills Vlad, the neighbor from hell.

William Brown, a neurotic, self-absorbed musician determined to finish his prog-rock magnum opus, faces a creative roadblock in the form of a noisy and grotesque neighbor named Vlad. Finally working up the nerve to demand that Vlad keep it down, William inadvertently decapitates him. But, while attempting to cover up one murder, William's accidental reign of terror causes victims to pile up and become undead corpses who torment and create more bloody detours on his road to prog-rock Valhalla."

Alex Winter is involved too. I so need to see this LOL

Edited by Gentle and Giant - January 12 2024 at 09:24
Oh, for the wings of any bird, other than a battery hen
Frets N Worries View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frets N Worries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2024 at 09:34
^I'm reading some reviews on Rotten Tomatoes right now, the reviews song like they're describing prog in general, with lines like:

Destroy All Neighbors gets a little indulgent, and the plot, as William finds his creative mojo in the company of his newly acquired ghoulish ensemble, is throwaway. But it’s a gleeful lo-fi rampage all the same.

It starts off with a lot of promise before getting stuck in a rut it never gets out of.

The picture as a whole is a little too much to endure at times, but creativity is plentiful and humor remains intact in this exploration of overkill.

Cause its only knock and know all, but I like it...

Writing (Or Suffering from Writers Block)

Working on a New Album|Bandcamp
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2024 at 10:08
I wonder if this flick will have its premiere in Poland. If so, I'll go to the theater to see it!
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
essexboyinwales View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essexboyinwales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2024 at 11:37
There’s already another thread running about this but I can’t remember where!….
Heaven is waiting but waiting is Hell
essexboyinwales View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essexboyinwales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2024 at 11:38
https://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=132359
Heaven is waiting but waiting is Hell
 Post Reply Post Reply