Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Haken

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2024 at 18:35
Originally posted by MikeEnRegalia MikeEnRegalia wrote:

^ Check out the newer Katatonia releases, especially City Burials. Really a better fit to (newer) Anathema than Haken ever was Smile

I like City Burials, good band Katatonia for sure but maybe bit of a one trick pony for my liking. As far as 2023 goes I enjoyed the Crown Lands album a lot more than the likes of Haken and Katatonia. I need to pay more attention to Hackberry as well.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2024 at 09:24
Haken are a good modern prog metal band.  When they arrived on the scene they seemed to bring a new twist to the prog metal sound.  I tend to prefer their older material, but like Fauna, and am actually currently listening to it as I type this. 

As a Neal Morse fan, I have really enjoyed the two D'Virgilio, Morse & Jenning albums.  I actually voted Haken as my #15 album of 2023 and the DMJ Sophomore album #16.  Sophomore is definitely more commercial than Haken and (unfortunately) has a Country tinge on a few of the songs that I don't particularly care for. 

Charlie Griffiths' solo album from 2022 Tiktaalika was a really good album also.  Some of the vocals were harsher than I like, but overall it was a fine album.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12