Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Pet Peeve Thread

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Pet Peeve Thread
    Posted: February 04 2024 at 08:43
Just what it says... use this thread to vent your daily pet peeves as they infect your life, cause sometimes it's just better to get it all out ! Thumbs Up

For instance...

Drug ad commercials where everybody dances (poorly) as they push the wares. Enough already. NOBODY is that happy especially if they need the drugs they're selling.

Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Frets N Worries View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frets N Worries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2024 at 08:51
Extroverts
The Wheel of Time Turns, and Ages come and pass. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet fall under the shadow.

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time...
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2024 at 10:33
A former president, convicted of fraud and sexual assault, with more convictions to come, is more popular after every deplorable thing he does. What are these people thinking?
Archisorcerus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2024 at 10:35
My jokes being misunderstood, first comes to my mind.

It happens a lot.

Perhaps I'm the one to blame here cause my jokes a a bit wild. Party
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2024 at 13:23
I read the title of this thread and thought it said The Pee Pee Thread.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2024 at 13:31
Taxes, taxes, taxes...

and death
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2024 at 13:50
Originally posted by Grumpyprogfan Grumpyprogfan wrote:

A former president, convicted of fraud and sexual assault, with more convictions to come, is more popular after every deplorable thing he does. What are these people thinking?

Most of us in the UK are really asking the same question... I've listened to quite a few of your political commentators recently, including life-long Republicans, so alarmed at letting him back in that they are prepared to vote for Biden to stop him. Even they however are actually at a loss to explain the high-jacking of their party which has meant with every conviction, his ratings improve... Confused

Care to have a go, for us???  
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2024 at 15:21
Originally posted by Grumpyprogfan Grumpyprogfan wrote:

I see what u mean. Personally, that applies to a lot of politicians all over the compass. Especially in Poland. :( It's gotten so bad to the point that nowadays I proudly choose to support the total of 0 political parties and never vote.
“On the day of my creation, I fell in love with education. And overcoming all frustration, a teacher I became.”
— Ernest Vong
mathman0806 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2024 at 15:32
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

Just what it says... use this thread to vent your daily pet peeves as they infect your life, cause sometimes it's just better to get it all out ! Thumbs Up

For instance...

Drug ad commercials where everybody dances (poorly) as they push the wares. Enough already. NOBODY is that happy especially if they need the drugs they're selling.

And the end of those ads go on with a lengthy list of possible side effects from the drug.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2024 at 17:54
a few to go on with

Positive thinkers
Car drivers who use their horn because they think some grave injustice has been commited
Dog owners who admonish their pets when they put their muddy paws up at you as if it somehow makes up for their bad training
Quiz show contestants who shout 'pass' rather than have a guess
Lying b*****d politicians (so basically all of them!)
Annoying 'Reality TV' that's hyped to death
The BBC licence fee (one of the most ridiclulous and stupid things about my country!)
Loyalty cards at supermarkets that offer 1000 points which then converts to about a £1 if you're lucky!
Cold callers

Octopus II View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Octopus II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2024 at 01:38
Litter
Graffiti
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2024 at 03:16
Hi,

I really think that a lot of this happens because America does not have an alternative news source or media ... and no one really trusts the big news sources in America anymore, because of their hypocritical political stands ... instead of sticking to the news ... they stick to their favored politics. And this, in the end, means that a lot of folks will not rely on them for good information.

I really think that main issue in America, is the commercial side of their business ... it's about the numbers and the money, and if Mr. T brings in more money and gets more listeners, then they will give him the chance to continue. 

It's about the ethics ... but folks like Mr. T think that "ethics" is how you work the words of the law ... and change what is there that is not as right, or correct, as it should be today. 

I'm not sure there is a proper answer, but the political style of choosing folks for the Supreme Court is something that needs to get evaluated and addressed, but a Congress that follows the same pattern is not going to do anything about it. In the end, I have a feeling that we simply do not give a darn about the constitution and its meaning ... and this is sad ... because many places in the world do not even have any idea of what they live for, other than the same paternal/religious ideas they have been on for thousands of years ... and the idea/design for the American way was to ensure that the things that happened in many places in Europe, Asia and Africa, did not happen here ... and the question remains ... what are we doing about it?
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2024 at 06:12
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Hi,

I really think that a lot of this happens because America does not have an alternative news source or media ... and no one really trusts the big news sources in America anymore, because of their hypocritical political stands ... instead of sticking to the news ... they stick to their favored politics. And this, in the end, means that a lot of folks will not rely on them for good information.

I really think that main issue in America, is the commercial side of their business ... it's about the numbers and the money, and if Mr. T brings in more money and gets more listeners, then they will give him the chance to continue. 

It's about the ethics ... but folks like Mr. T think that "ethics" is how you work the words of the law ... and change what is there that is not as right, or correct, as it should be today. 

I'm not sure there is a proper answer, but the political style of choosing folks for the Supreme Court is something that needs to get evaluated and addressed, but a Congress that follows the same pattern is not going to do anything about it. In the end, I have a feeling that we simply do not give a darn about the constitution and its meaning ... and this is sad ... because many places in the world do not even have any idea of what they live for, other than the same paternal/religious ideas they have been on for thousands of years ... and the idea/design for the American way was to ensure that the things that happened in many places in Europe, Asia and Africa, did not happen here ... and the question remains ... what are we doing about it?

Are you sure you're replying to the right post here? What on earth has this got to do with pet peeves?
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2024 at 06:13
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

a few to go on with

Quiz show contestants who shout 'pass' rather than have a guess

Oh yes. the ones who get a question starting "which country of the UK..." and they pass, or "Which ocean...". There's not many possible answers, just guess one ffs!
Cambus741 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambus741 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2024 at 15:22
people calling coaches  'buses

people saying 'the Earth' instead of Earth

people who use the phrase 'the other half'     That really should be punishable by 6 years living in Stevenage.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2024 at 00:22
Originally posted by Cambus741 Cambus741 wrote:

people calling coaches  'buses

people saying 'the Earth' instead of Earth

people who use the phrase 'the other half'     That really should be punishable by 6 years living in Stevenage.

or any Town/City beginning with 'S' (Swindon, Stoke, Slough, Stafford etc)
 Post Reply Post Reply