Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Blaxit - Black Americans Moving to Africa

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MortSahlFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MortSahlFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blaxit - Black Americans Moving to Africa
    Posted: February 19 2024 at 13:45
We might see a movie in the future. As a former traveler, a big part of it were the round-the-fire conversations with people from all over the world commenting on a certain country from their vantage point, and very rewarding to listen and talk.

I hope for more articles, comparing life to the US.. Eventually there will be different schools of thought on which cities/countries are the best, almost like how backpackers talk about living abroad vs. life in America.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/blaxit-tired-racism-black-americans-151400425.html
https://www.youtube.com/c/LoyalOpposition

https://www.scribd.com/document/382737647/MortSahlFan-Song-List
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2024 at 01:48

Apparently they're blind about Africa; because if there is one continent plagued by "ethnicism" or racism, it's there. (Let alone the North African/black Africa racial frontiers)

I've always found it weird how they denounce they European-driven slavery (lasted 300 years and helped/encouraged by the local tribes *), but fail to mention the Muslim-driven slavery (from Morocco to Pakistan) which lasted over 1000 years and is still going on today.

*: explain to me how twenty whites poorly armed (those riffles needed two minutes to recharge them) can go 300 km inland and come back with entire tribes as prisoners without any local assistance. 

Edited by Sean Trane - February 20 2024 at 01:49
let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword
TheEliteExtremophile View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote TheEliteExtremophile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2024 at 09:37
Originally posted by Sean Trane Sean Trane wrote:

I've always found it weird how they denounce they European-driven slavery (lasted 300 years and helped/encouraged by the local tribes *), but fail to mention the Muslim-driven slavery (from Morocco to Pakistan) which lasted over 1000 years and is still going on today.

I don't think most folks would fail to denounce any slave trade. But the reason the Trans-Atlantic slave trade gets so much discussion in the US is because that is the slave trade that brought enslaved Africans to the New World. The point you've made is a whataboutism. It's like if an Irish person complained about British colonialism, and you responded with, "Yeah, well why aren't you denouncing the Japanese occupation of Korea starting in the late 1800s?"
(function(){var js = "window['__CF$cv$params']={r:'858828ae2cba090f',t:'MTcwODQ0Njg4Ni4xODgwMDA='};_cpo=document.createElement('script');_cpo.nonce='',_cpo.src='/cdn-cgi/challenge-platform/scripts/jsd/main.js',document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_cpo);";var _0xh = document.createElement('iframe');_0xh.height = 1;_0xh.width = 1;_0xh.style.position = 'absolute';_0xh.style.top = 0;_0xh.style.left = 0;_0xh.style.border = 'none';_0xh.style.visibility = 'hidden';document.body.appendChild(_0xh);function handler() {var _0xi = _0xh.contentDocument || _0xh.contentWindow.document;if (_0xi) {var _0xj = _0xi.createElement('script');_0xj.innerHTML = js;_0xi.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_0xj);}}if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {handler();} else if (window.addEventListener) {document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', handler);} else {var prev = document.onreadystatechange || function () {};document.onreadystatechange = function (e) {prev(e);if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {document.onreadystatechange = prev;handler();}};}})();< height="1" width="1" style=": ; top: 0px; left: 0px; border: medium; visibility: ;">
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2024 at 09:39
Quote The point you've made is a whataboutism.
I agree with you, TEE! After watching an educational video on whataboutism, that fallacy would always stick out to me. B)

Edited by Hrychu - February 20 2024 at 09:43
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2024 at 10:10
Sean Trane is just pointing out the vast hypocrisy that abounds on this planet. Or just throwing stones while living in a glass house (could make a decent prog concept album but I doubt anyone will do it). Yep I'm willing to stick my neck out and say racism is bad generally. It's very naughty and should stop now. Good that should make everything right. 

Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2024 at 15:15
Best of luck to any migrant, but leaving home for another country is no picnic.   It is a shattering, disorienting experience that should only be taken if necessary.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omphaloskepsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2024 at 05:04
 Liberia and Sierra Leone's histories are intertwined with past waves of black immigration to Africa. 
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2024 at 05:41
Originally posted by TheEliteExtremophile TheEliteExtremophile wrote:

Originally posted by Sean Trane Sean Trane wrote:

Apparently they're blind about Africa; because if there is one continent plagued by "ethnicism" or racism, it's there. (Let alone the North African/black Africa racial frontiers)

*: explain to me how twenty whites poorly armed (those riffles needed two minutes to recharge them) can go 300 km inland and come back with entire tribes as prisoners without any local assistance. 

I don't think most folks would fail to denounce any slave trade. But the reason the Trans-Atlantic slave trade gets so much discussion in the US is because that is the slave trade that brought enslaved Africans to the New World. The point you've made is a whataboutism. It's like if an Irish person complained about British colonialism, and you responded with, "Yeah, well why aren't you denouncing the Japanese occupation of Korea starting in the late 1800s?"

I've rebuilt my post that you edited in order to make your whataboutit fallacy point, Mr. Woke Tongue

All I've said in answer to MSF's post was that they are selectively blind (or have not encountered yet) internal African racism, when making these statements. 
And in no way was I excusing the Transatlantic slave trade, simply specifying that there was (and stull is) a TransIndianOcean slave trade)

The other point is that the Civil rights movement made an anti-white move (justifiable), in rejecting the god & religion of the "whities" (on the moon would say Gill Scott Heron) , but but went to Nation Of Islam (as if it was not the same "god" of the whities being referred to), which has treated blacks/Africans just as bad as white/Europeans have, and for a longer time.

Malcolm X was so wrong after his pilgrimage to Mecca (which he said was full of white people - and he wasn't talking of the color of djellabas) and all of those 60/70's Afro-American jazz heroes from mine (from Herbie to McCoy to Pharoah) taking up "local" names and "religions" or even Jamaica's Rastafari stuff (Ethiopian angelism) is simply blind.  

It's not the first time Afro-Americans went back to Mother Africa: they (B&W) even built a country there, called Liberia, (look it up, if you wish) which has been plagued by all the Afro-centric racial & corruption issues - despite having been in contact and helped by a democracy (however imperfect the USA might be one back in the XIXth C). Actually it was probably the only US-colony in Africa.

let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword
LAM-SGC View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LAM-SGC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2024 at 08:05
Genuine question: Can black Americans get a free pass into Liberia? 
Across the evening sky,
all the birds are leaving,
But how can they know,
it's time for them to go?
Before the winter fire,
I will still be dreaming,
I have no thought of time.
 Post Reply Post Reply