Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew member seeks help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: New member seeks help
    Posted: October 25 2005 at 18:01

I just came upon this site and am looking for help in naming a song and/or band from the early 70s.  I remember listening in NYC to NEW-FM back then and  hearing a song fairly often that I have never heard since and have no recall of the artist.  Unfortunately, I have contacted several old NEW djs for their input, but the one I recall most frequently playing this song is Alison Steele on her overnight shows and she is no longer with us

The best I can recall of this song was a swirling keyboard intro recalling circus or carnival music, and a mid to upper range male vocalist singing at an uptempo pace the Wizard of Oz inspired lyrics "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain, he's bound (or 'going') to make fools of us all."  This is not a James Taylor or Adrian Belew song as I have been told before, and it was DEFINITELY a prog-sounding song, which faded into obscurity everywhere but in my head.  Can anybody help a newbie who has wracked his brain and searched the web in vain for years to recall the saong and artist?  Let me know if you can help.  Thanks to all who try.

sb24
 Post Reply Post Reply