Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAnnie Haslam - It Snows In Heaven Too

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Annie Haslam - It Snows In Heaven Too
    Posted: December 17 2005 at 08:16
Got this today from Amazon. Annie is not listed here individually and this isn't really a prog CD but I'm going to mention it anyway as it's nearly Christmas and I'm getting into the spirit.
This is basically a collection of well-known Christmas carols and songs, plus one original (the title track) by Rave Tesar. Most of the songs are just piano with Annie, whose voice is still wonderful and clear. There's a nice jazzy version of White Christmas, perhaps some of the others should have been done in this way.
It all gets a bit sugary at times, but still makes a nice Christmas CD. At least your Gran won't be able to complain about it! I'll be playing it ove Christmas along with the Jethro Tull Christmas Album.

Greg H. View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2005 at 09:31

Nice!!! I love her voice! Next year, I need to get that one. I forgot about it with so much going on.

And; since we are talking about Christmas Music in this thread, I will mention the wonderfulness of the Carpenter's "Christmas Portrait" CD. And; again, the wonderful music of Trans-Siberian Orchestra!

- Greg
 Post Reply Post Reply