Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHello Everyone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello Everyone
    Posted: December 22 2005 at 22:34
Hello everyone! I'm Adam, a 16 year old from Christchurch, New Zealand. I am starting to learn drums, although I new to actually but a kit first... I've only really recently gotten into progressive music, but the stuff I've heard so far is brilliant, and I would really like to expand my knowledge of progressive music. The great thing about it is that it is progressive, so it's all evolving and no two artists sound the same (unlike a lot of music these days).

Since I've only really started to know about progressive rock recently, there's only a few prog bands I actually listen to...

Music I listen to: Propagandhi, Porcupine Tree, Refused, The Fall of Troy, Coheed and Cambria, The Mars Volta, The Blood Brothers, Glassjaw, Strike Anywhere, Opeth, and more... (hardcore/punk influences )

Music I'm starting to get into/need to listen more of: Dream Theater, Sigur Ros, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Sonic Youth, Pain of Salvation, Pink Floyd, and more...

I actually found out about ProgArchives through the Last.fm group, and here is my Last.fm profile.

I would love to find out about other prog-related bands I might like, so please suggest any you know.

Thanks,
Adam.
Manunkind View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2005 at 12:59

Welcome and have fun

"In war there is no time to teach or learn Zen. Carry a strong stick. Bash your attackers." - Zen Master Ikkyu Sojun
Mikerinos View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2005 at 13:05
I suggest you try Riverside, seeing as you like Porcupine Tree and Opeth.  You can find some samples on the site, see if you like them.  I only have Second Life Syndrome by them, but I plan on getting their first album, Out of Myself, sometime soon.

And welcome to the forums.
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2005 at 16:42

hi Isca!

Welcome to the site, and we hope you have fun...

...if you like Porcupine Tree, check out the MP3s on Pineapple Thief and RWPL aswell....they might be your cup of tea...

fandango

Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
The Miracle View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2005 at 18:44
 Post Reply Post Reply