Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedACT CDS!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: ACT CDS!
    Posted: September 18 2004 at 19:13

This is an idea off other forums that may work in this place too,it depends on how keen and dedicated we all are. This is it:1)those members who happen to have bands of their own can record 2 tracks and send'em to people who would burn those songs into blank cds.2)it don't matter on the style/s that should be an open style,otherwise we'll get to limit ourselves,I guess.3)the burners(=people who'll burn the cds will have to have work areas)will get the master cds from some other people in charge to make the master cds. I'll tell you more in detail/s later. I'll see what you think first.

all the knots get back to the comb.
goose View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2004 at 19:16
I don't understand the concept here. What's the purpose in doing this?
flippedcanvas View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2004 at 19:20
 it is about sharing our music,to see what we are like as musicians not just music's listeners,to see where we are coming from in terms of our musical influences,to see how enthusiastic we all are,come on don't you get a vibrance in your spine when you make your song/s?????????????
goose View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2004 at 19:23

No I just don't understand what the plan is, what happens to these CDRs?

flippedcanvas View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2004 at 19:32

Right the masters that contain those songs will be recorded into blank cdrs that later on will be posted to all the members wish to have them. I.E.I send 2of my songs to John he will then send my songs together with all the other songs that others like sent to John. He will then record all those songs in one cd(=the master cd). He will then make copies of that master cd example 4copies:1will go to U.S.A. another will go to Europe,another to another area of the world and so on. In all these areas there'll be people who will burn copies to send to members in U.S.A. Europe and so on!

Certif1ed View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2004 at 14:22

Why don't we just exchange mp3 or wma files - much cheaper and quicker to redistribute!

CD burners are less than £20 these days - and DVD burners less than £50 - so anyone can afford to burn their own.

However, I think I see what you're getting at - a ProgArchives members compilation, right?

We could co-ordinate it, if members are willing - but having heard James' awesome prog and some of the other great proggy music on this site, I'm not sure that my semi-prog efforts would sit comfortably alongsides...

Post Reply Post Reply