Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBIGLIETTO

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Topic: BIGLIETTO
    Posted: January 14 2006 at 16:22

Fellows,

I found the following Biglietto Per L'Inferno bio and understood little.

BIGLIETTO PER L'INFERNO biography

Well, even English not being my first language, I think the text could be: ------------------------------------------------------------ ----------------------------------------------- BIGLIETTO PER L'INFERNO biography
After being recognized through the Festival Be-In, in Naples (June 1973) they made their debut album (“Biglietto Per L’Inferno”), a real jewel that blends Symphonic Progressive and Hard Rock, with great musical passages, impressive arrangements and showing the vocals of Claudio Canali, one of the principal voices of the Italian Progressive. It is not difficult to hear, in this album, influences from GENTLE GIANT to JEHTRO TULL, GENESIS and BANCO DEL MUTUO SOCCORSO. The second album (“Il Tempo Della Semina”) was released in 1992 and shows a more pop direction  with insertion of PFM, FOCUS and BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST tunes.However, their debut album is highly recommended for a prog-fan.Their original line-up were: Fausto Brachini (bass), Mauro Gnecchi (drums), Marco Mainetti (guitars), Claudio Canali (vocals, winds), Giuseppe “Baffo” Banfi & Giuseppe Cossa (keyboards). ------------------------------------------------------------ ----------------------------------------------- ----------------------------
Also the second album "Il Tempo Della Semina" appears in PA as being released in 1974, while all other information I picked up shows 1992, as being the releasing year.

Parts of the "corrected" biography were taken from: http://digilander.libero.it/gianni61dgl/bigliettoperlinferno .htmHugs, Guigo

Edited by Atkingani
Guigo

~~~~~~
Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2006 at 16:25
Originally posted by Atkingani Atkingani wrote:

Fellows,

I found the following Biglietto Per L'Inferno bio and understood little.

BIGLIETTO PER L'INFERNO biography

Well, even English not being my first language, I think the text could be: ------------------------------------------------------------ ----------------------------------------------- BIGLIETTO PER L'INFERNO biography
After being recognized through the Festival Be-In, in Naples (June 1973) they made their debut album (“Biglietto Per L’Inferno”), a real jewel that blends Symphonic Progressive and Hard Rock, with great musical passages, impressive arrangements and showing the vocals of Claudio Canali, one of the principal voices of the Italian Progressive. It is not difficult to hear, in this album, influences from GENTLE GIANT to JEHTRO TULL, GENESIS and BANCO DEL MUTUO SOCCORSO. The second album (“Il Tempo Della Semina”) was released in 1992 and shows a more pop direction  with insertion of PFM, FOCUS and BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST tunes.However, their debut album is highly recommended for a prog-fan.Their original line-up were: Fausto Brachini (bass), Mauro Gnecchi (drums), Marco Mainetti (guitars), Claudio Canali (vocals, winds), Giuseppe “Baffo” Banfi & Giuseppe Cossa (keyboards). ------------------------------------------------------------ ----------------------------------------------- ----------------------------
Also the second album "Il Tempo Della Semina" appears in PA as being released in 1974, while all other information I picked up shows 1992, as being the releasing year.

Parts of the "corrected" biography were taken from: http://digilander.libero.it/gianni61dgl/bigliettoperlinferno .htmHugs, Guigo

S**t, I can't read my original text, but he appears entirely when I click 'Edit'. (sic)

Edited by Atkingani
Guigo

~~~~~~
ANDREW View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2006 at 09:41

The name of the bass player is Fausto Branchini, not Brachini.

Anyway, "Il Tempo Della Semina" was recorded in 1974 before the band's break-up, but it was distribuited in very very small quantities ( only in box ). It was finally released in 1992 thanks to the Italian label Mellow Records.

Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2006 at 13:44
Originally posted by ANDREW ANDREW wrote:

The name of the bass player is Fausto Branchini, not Brachini.

Anyway, "Il Tempo Della Semina" was recorded in 1974 before the band's break-up, but it was distribuited in very very small quantities ( only in box ). It was finally released in 1992 thanks to the Italian label Mellow Records.

Tks, Andrew...

However, BIGLIETTO complete bio needs to be corrected.

Hugs, Guigo

Guigo

~~~~~~
Jimbo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2006 at 05:45
The current bio is indeed a bit confusing. If you guys want, you can write a new one, and I'll add it to the site.

I changed the release date of Il Tempo Della Semina ...

Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2006 at 15:24

An attempt to make a more comprehensive Biglietto's bio:

BIGLIETTO PER L'INFERNO

Considered by many as being one of the best expressions of Italian progressive music. After have been known at the Festival Be-In of Naples (June 1973), they recorded one single album with the same band name, released by Trident, revealing great musical passages mainly using synthesizers. 
They attended several Italian music festivals with fair results thanks mainly to singer, Claudio Canali, who moved through the stage, with great scenic approach. After disbanded a second effort was only released in 1992, titled "Il tempo della semina", containing material recorded in 1974. 

The band line-up was:  Giuseppe Banfi (keyboards);  Giuseppe Cossa (keyboards); Mauro Gnecchi (drums);  Marco Mainetti (guitars); Fausto Branchini (bass);  Claudio Canali (flute, vocals).

RECOMMENDED!

Edited by Atkingani
Guigo

~~~~~~
Jimbo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2006 at 09:25
Hi Atkingani, and thanks! I didn't feel comfortable completely deleting the bio Symphonic Age wrote, so I kind of combined the two bios you wrote... I hope you don't mind.
Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2006 at 12:19

Excellent.

Guigo

~~~~~~
 Post Reply Post Reply