Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Live Performance Reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedsomething completely different!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: something completely different!
    Posted: February 14 2006 at 12:28
Tankus the Henge are one of the most inventive, interesting and exciting new bands i've ever seen.
Their stage presence is phenomenal, I just couldn't take my eyes off them.
TtH are definately one of the most memorable bands I've seen in the Underground London gig scene - When i saw them at the famous Marquee Club, they were accompanied by two excellent artists at the back of the stage, painting what they could hear onto a big canvas.

The actual set was amazing... they kept the audience riveted and had the most people there, which was surprising as they were first on, and the headline band was on its national tour...
Rather amusing when the lead singer, Jaz, told the audience "you can all go home now" at the end of the TtH set... most of them did when the droning of some generic metal band started.
I spoke to the band after the gig and wasn't suprised when they were polite, extremely grateful and friendly towards me and other enthusiastic people.

Its good to see a band using guitars, organs, synthesizers, percussion AND trombone, as well as being able to sing in harmony....

I believe they are going on a short tour in March, the dates as follows - I really recommend them to any fan of Pink Floyd, King Crimson, Muse, Radiohead and The Nice...

Leicester - The Attik - 6th March
Coventry - The Jailhouse - 7th March
Telford - The Haygate - 8th March
Manchester - The Roadhouse - 9th March

the website is www.tankusthehenge.com

i hope you enjoy them as much as i did.
shysupernova

Edited by shysupernova
 Post Reply Post Reply