FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedUriah Heep in Odessa, Ukraine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Uriah Heep in Odessa, Ukraine
    Posted: March 01 2006 at 19:03

The famous Uriah Heep visited Odessa in Ukraine for one evening on the 28th of February 2006. This is second time this band comes here. The first one was about 4 years ago, and I could not attend the show then, so I decided this time I must go and see them live.

I can only wish this kind of event could have happened here 20 years ago, when I was young, wild and pretty much into this kind of music.

The show lasted two hours non-stop and was very loud, but sound was of quite poor quality.

Music-wise - it was all the same metallish rock'n'roll with usual ''July Morning'' in the end and ''Lady in black'' for encores.

In case I ever had any minor doubts about absence of any relations of this band to prog, this show convinced me definitely - no relations to prog whatsoever.

All in all the concert was not too bad - just good old metal sounding rock'n'roll, pretty much enjoyable by slightly drunk teenage crowds. My wife also enjoyed it somehow. For me it was like remembering my youth, so not bad, just not for me anymore. The very positive thing about it was that tickets costed me amount equivalent to twelfe english pounds for two.

carefulwiththataxe
Wetton Downes View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2006 at 19:15

You are really lucky ! Heep no visited Canada (Quebec) since 1986.

I'm happy for you.

Post Reply Post Reply