Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe Sky Moves Sideways

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Sky Moves Sideways
    Posted: June 03 2006 at 23:34
okay this question is for guys that know porcupine tree from the back of their hand.  I'm a huge fan of these gusy i have IN ABSENTIA, DEADWING, and LIGHTBULB SUN.  And i plan on getting the rest but i only want the Special addition copies since i heard they were remastered. And i noticed that in THE SKY MOVES SIDEWAYS SE that it was different in the first disc that Moonloop was put on the second disc i think as two stated them both as Improvisation and a coda with a change in the time limit.  I want to know is it the same song from the regular CD or is it a little different????
Carry On My Wayward Son
The Letter M View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2006 at 00:11
I'm not sure what the original version sounds like because all I have is the special 2-disc remastered/rerecorded version. The two parts to Moonloop, together, are longer than the original version, so it's got more music, I think.

And FYI, on the 2nd disc, Stars Die segues into Moonloop (Improvisation), which then segues into Moonloop (Coda). On the first disc, The Moon Touches Your Shoulder segues into Prepare Yourself, which then goes into The Sky Moves Sideways Phase Two.

It's a great set, and I enjoy the music on it greatly! I just today made copies of my PT Cds, and I made a mixed version of TSMS with the following track listing:
     1. The Sky Moves Sideways Phase One
     2. Dislocated Day
     3. Stars Die ->
     4. Moonloop (Improvisation) ->
     5. Moonloop (Coda)
     6. The Moon Touches Your Shoulder ->
     7. Prepare Yourself ->
     8. The Sky Moves Sideways Phase Two
(The "->" denotes segues into tracks)

Hope this has been helpful!

-Marc.
I know what I like and I like what I know. I will choose a path that's clear, I will choose free will. If I die tomorrow, I`d be alright because I believe that after we`re gone, the spirit carries on.
Tristan Mulders View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2006 at 08:25
"Moonloop" is now 20 minutes long, instead of the 8 minutes on the original 1995 release Smile.
So basically there's more music and a remastered sound!

I'd personally buy the 2cd reissue more because of the 34min alternative version (with new arrangements etc) of "The Sky moves sideways" than for the Moonloop version though...
Interested in my reviews?
You can find them HERE

"...He will search until He's found a Way to take the Days..."
Progfans View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2006 at 14:02
the first press uk version are a little bit different than all other version but i can t say more about that but i think they are few minutes more
La cuisine c,est comme l,amour, il faut y croire pour que ca marche
 Post Reply Post Reply