Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Live Performance Reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe Machine (Pink Floyd Tribute)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Machine (Pink Floyd Tribute)
    Posted: June 24 2006 at 02:51
I just saw The Machine tonight, and they were phenominal! Even though it was a Pink Floyd Tribute band, they definately exceeded my expectations. They played the songs perfectly to their original form, but also elaborated some of the jammier sections which added to the live atmosphere. Songs like Have A Cigar and Run Like Hell were lengthened with extended solo sections and jams... and they even created their own spacey/trippy segue between Echoes and One of These Days. Also, one of the highlights for me was the talkbox solo in Pigs... it was flawless! Besides their music, their light show was also amazing! If you're a Floyd fan, you should definately check this band out.

I was also very happy with their setlist... they played something from almost every album and played more than the radio friendly songs. Though, most of their early era was neglected... there was nothing from A Saucerful of Secrets thru Atom Heart Mother, and also Obscured By Clouds was not present. This was their setlist:

Welcome to the Machine

Mother

Speak To Me/Breathe

Time

Sorrow

Happiest Days of Our Lives >

Another Brick In The Wall, part II >

Another Brick In The Wall, part III >

Goodbye Cruel World

The Fletcher Memorial Home

Have A Cigar (extended jam)

Pigs on the Wing, part I

Pigs

--Intermission--

Sheep

Echoes, part I >

One of These Days

Coming Back To Life

One of My Turns >

Young Lust

Wish You Were Here

Interstellar Overdrive >

Lucifer Sam

Run Like Hell (extended jam)

--Encore--

Comfortably Numb

Even though I heard some of my favorites from Wish You Were Here & Animals, I still would have liked to hear stuff like Set The Controls or Atom Heart Mother... and I would have really liked to see Shine On You Crazy Diamond. But oh well, at least we got ECHOES!

Clap

Edited by SirPsycho388 - June 24 2006 at 02:53
Strangers passing in the street by chance two separate glances meet and I am you and what I see is me. And do I take you by the hand and lead you through the land and help me understand the best I can
Deadwing12 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2006 at 09:13
I've seen the machine twice, and funny you should mention what you wish you'd heard.... my first time they played Shine On You Crazy Diamond with this amazing tenor sax player, and the second time they took a few songs off of Obscured By Clouds! It seems their setlist is constantly changing. A great tribute band nonetheless, one of the best!
 Post Reply Post Reply