FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedhelp needed in studio building

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: help needed in studio building
    Posted: December 25 2004 at 23:30
Although i posted this on another forum because i'll have a better chance of getting the help i need there, I figured it wouldn't hurt to post my problem here as well, going on the chance that somebody is familiar with this. If anybody is and can help, thank you very very much in advance.

Here:
http://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?p=1291902#post12 91902

Edited by Sweetnighter
I bleed coffee. When I don't drink coffee, my veins run dry, and I shrivel up and die.
"Banco Del Mutuo Soccorso? Is that like the bank of Italian soccer death or something?" -my girlfriend
Sound Chaser View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2004 at 02:32
why not just have the computer soundcard output go to the moniters?
Sweetnighter View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2004 at 09:56
i already have it set up that way... but i don't want the sound going into the computer to be spit back out because that would duplicate the sound going to the monitors which results in feedback and other unpleasantries. I just want previously recorded material to go out to the monitors from my computer, not the stuff that i'm recording. make sense?
I bleed coffee. When I don't drink coffee, my veins run dry, and I shrivel up and die.
"Banco Del Mutuo Soccorso? Is that like the bank of Italian soccer death or something?" -my girlfriend
James Lee View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2004 at 19:30

If you want to hear it through your monitors, it will always be travelling along the same path as anything else you're hearing.

If you don't need to hear it as you are recording, simply switch off the specific track output from the mixer window (I'm not exactly sure how Cubasis sets it up...I hope it's possible, I know for a fact you can do it in Cubase SX). This will let the sound come through on the inputs but you won't be able to hear it until you turn the track channel back on.

Also, you may need to fiddle with the mixer settings on the Emu; the output may be automatically blending the sound from your input as well as from the Cubasis output. If that's the case, there's NO way to turn it off without losing your input channel and recording nothing but silence.

I'm assuming you only have a pair of outputs to work with? Sometimes you can mess with the software routing and send a 'pre-mix' output to one pair and a 'post-mix' to another pair...if you can do that, then switching the output of the recording channel to the unused pair will work just fine (because you don't need to hear it, so it doesn't matter that nothing is connected).

I hope this is helpful. It kinda sounds like gibberish even to me, and I know what I'm trying to say.

Sweetnighter View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2004 at 13:18
I see what you're saying... I've been getting lots of advice, and from some guy an unofficial e-mu product help forum I've been getting the same thing with more detail... so you're on the right... track?
 Post Reply Post Reply