Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Review of my CD
    Posted: August 27 2006 at 22:31
Cyndee Lee Rule
UFOsmosis
A review by Paul Angelosanto

For those not in the know, Cyndee Lee Rule is a classically trained viper violin player. The viper violin is a specially constructed electronic violin that enables the performer to let fly with old and new school style music.
Some CDs are good for relaxation, background music at parties or dinner, yoga, hitting on your favorite bong, bumping and bopping in your bedroom, and just plain old rocking out. It’s rare that one CD can hit all that turf and more. Cyndee Lee Rule’s UFOsmosis scores on all those fronts. If you want exotica, prog, ambient sounds, and good old fashioned space rock in one package this is the disc to dig. You’re going to be giving this all instrumental CD some serious play. It’s damn hard to believe this is her first solo effort.
We start off with Putting the Rip in Strip, a seven minute plus tune that builds from an ambient/noise exploration into a down tempo techno style song. It has a snaky rhythm that pulses under a sonic violin attack. It kind of seems an odd choice to open the CD until you hear more later and realize that Cyndee’s opening gives a sampling of the sound banquet that awaits your hungry ears. This number opens the doorway.
Congress Reel is the second track and it is an electronic kick start rework of a traditional arrangement. There is slamming speed and skillful dynamics that’ll push you up and out of your bean bag chair. Molten violin screeches that fire at transcendental speed.
My woman is a Beatles chick. I could already smell the incense burning when she told me that there was a cover of the George Harrison tune, The Inner Light, on UFOsmosis, I, being a philistine, hadn’t known. Sure it’s a raga tripped out hippie smoke shop song, but Cyndee’s version surpasses that and it is a fab re-tooling of the sitar feel with vipor flair.
Scarborough Fair is another nice restructured classic. I should also point out that the other players on this disc; Greg Amov and Steven Davies Morris create some impressive landscapes of sound for Cyndee’s violins to fly over. Rule also hits the keys and programming herself.
Not only is Seven Cities of Gold filled with progtastical moments of grandeur and changing complexity it’s also infused with dandy Spanish guitar. Try drinking margaritas to it, or play it whilst wooing your senorita. Either way its like golden tequila, it’ll burn you smoothly. This showcase piece clocks in at just a bit over nine minutes which keeps this prognaut very pleased.
Cyndee also favors us with an ultra slab of space rock. Cyndee gives an amped up, warp drive, solar flaring, version of the Hawkwind tune, Assassins of Allah. I will declare it here and now, her version is better than the original. I’ve gotten tired of this song showing up on every Hawkwind live release lately and was getting sick of the song in general, but thanks to Rule I am back on board. Her instrumental speed dive violin workout leaves me forced to peal myself off the ceiling in the morning. I also dig the fact that it has a brilliant false ending which makes me give praise when the viper swings back in for one more super sonic assault.
Weekend Affair is for the lovers and the lounge lizards. It has hipster cool exotic bachelor pad charms, filled with dames with bedroom eyes. Don’t think I’m getting down on this songs vibe. I dig it all the way. Martin Denny or Les Baxter would chew their orchestras up with jealousy if they heard this retro cool number.
Something I Should Have Said closes up the shop. It’s deep into the creepy cool of trip hop. Haunting melodies, siren like, with strings dripping something ethereal and other worldly that you can’t quite see, and beats from the deep fade out and down with us. This song would be perfect on the soundtrack to a hipster ghost flick. It’s a spooky send off from a mansion of beautiful songs.
http://cdbaby.com/cd/cyndeeleerule
www.cyndeeleerule.com
darksinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2006 at 08:18
Originally posted by ViolinCyndee ViolinCyndee wrote:

Cyndee Lee Rule
UFOsmosis
A review by Paul Angelosanto

For those not in the know, Cyndee Lee Rule is a classically trained viper violin player. The viper violin is a specially constructed electronic violin that enables the performer to let fly with old and new school style music.
Some CDs are good for relaxation, background music at parties or dinner, yoga, hitting on your favorite bong, bumping and bopping in your bedroom, and just plain old rocking out. It’s rare that one CD can hit all that turf and more. Cyndee Lee Rule’s UFOsmosis scores on all those fronts. If you want exotica, prog, ambient sounds, and good old fashioned space rock in one package this is the disc to dig. You’re going to be giving this all instrumental CD some serious play. It’s damn hard to believe this is her first solo effort.
We start off with Putting the Rip in Strip, a seven minute plus tune that builds from an ambient/noise exploration into a down tempo techno style song. It has a snaky rhythm that pulses under a sonic violin attack. It kind of seems an odd choice to open the CD until you hear more later and realize that Cyndee’s opening gives a sampling of the sound banquet that awaits your hungry ears. This number opens the doorway.
Congress Reel is the second track and it is an electronic kick start rework of a traditional arrangement. There is slamming speed and skillful dynamics that’ll push you up and out of your bean bag chair. Molten violin screeches that fire at transcendental speed.
My woman is a Beatles chick. I could already smell the incense burning when she told me that there was a cover of the George Harrison tune, The Inner Light, on UFOsmosis, I, being a philistine, hadn’t known. Sure it’s a raga tripped out hippie smoke shop song, but Cyndee’s version surpasses that and it is a fab re-tooling of the sitar feel with vipor flair.
Scarborough Fair is another nice restructured classic. I should also point out that the other players on this disc; Greg Amov and Steven Davies Morris create some impressive landscapes of sound for Cyndee’s violins to fly over. Rule also hits the keys and programming herself.
Not only is Seven Cities of Gold filled with progtastical moments of grandeur and changing complexity it’s also infused with dandy Spanish guitar. Try drinking margaritas to it, or play it whilst wooing your senorita. Either way its like golden tequila, it’ll burn you smoothly. This showcase piece clocks in at just a bit over nine minutes which keeps this prognaut very pleased.
Cyndee also favors us with an ultra slab of space rock. Cyndee gives an amped up, warp drive, solar flaring, version of the Hawkwind tune, Assassins of Allah. I will declare it here and now, her version is better than the original. I’ve gotten tired of this song showing up on every Hawkwind live release lately and was getting sick of the song in general, but thanks to Rule I am back on board. Her instrumental speed dive violin workout leaves me forced to peal myself off the ceiling in the morning. I also dig the fact that it has a brilliant false ending which makes me give praise when the viper swings back in for one more super sonic assault.
Weekend Affair is for the lovers and the lounge lizards. It has hipster cool exotic bachelor pad charms, filled with dames with bedroom eyes. Don’t think I’m getting down on this songs vibe. I dig it all the way. Martin Denny or Les Baxter would chew their orchestras up with jealousy if they heard this retro cool number.
Something I Should Have Said closes up the shop. It’s deep into the creepy cool of trip hop. Haunting melodies, siren like, with strings dripping something ethereal and other worldly that you can’t quite see, and beats from the deep fade out and down with us. This song would be perfect on the soundtrack to a hipster ghost flick. It’s a spooky send off from a mansion of beautiful songs.

did you get mine off of pe for your site?
 Post Reply Post Reply