FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMagenta -Borderline Club 8/9/06

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Magenta -Borderline Club 8/9/06
    Posted: September 09 2006 at 04:08

Went to see Magenta for the third time of asking.The previous 2 times were festivals when they played a shortened set so this was the first chance to see them do a proper full length set.Prior to the show I met up with Sigod (Simon) and his friend Rob.The Borderline is a small club not far off Charing Cross Road and apparently not unlike the old Marquee club.We were all impressed straight away.This is a 'real' venue for 'real' bands!

Anyway to the music.The band arrived on stage along with the lovely Chrissie.I'm bad at remembering tracks but I know that the first part of the show was taken entirely from the first 2 albums as well as some of the singles/ep's like 'I'm Alive' and 'Broken'.Everything was greeted with whoops of delight from the audience packed into the small club.''Your frightening us!!'' exclaimed Chrissie obviously enjoying the enthusiasm from the watching crowd.Magenta  are now a six peice band with 2 guitarists as well drummer,bassist and band leader ...the most excellent Rob Reed on keyboards and they were all on top form throughout playing all of their latest album 'Home' (disc one that is) and also doing 5 tracks from 'Seven'.They've finally dropped The White Witch from their set but you did get Children Of The Sun from 'Revolutions'.

All in all Magenta are one of the most professional bands out there.This gig showed why.Top quality musicanship and the very pretty and charming Chrissie at the front.Please don't miss out on seeing this band if you get the chance. 

Post Reply Post Reply