Topic ClosedLa Nuit Du Rock Progressif 23/09/06

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: La Nuit Du Rock Progressif 23/09/06
    Posted: September 25 2006 at 10:57

Good news, Paris being not the greatest prog place in the world, (apart from  big  venues) there is a new association “Fantastiques Musiques”  supporting Prog and organizing concerts in the Paris region. Good idea : nearly every smaller suburban town has a nice cultural-center with a bibliotheque and a multifunctional theatre, often with excellent acoustics. Some of The concerts to come in Versailles.  

Ange + Ex-Vagus /25.11.06

The Watch + Masque Di  Ciera / 9.12/06

After Crying / 12/05/06

So as some of you might know Erik had come last weekend to Paris and we went together to  ‘La Nuit To Rock Progressif’ at ‘Ville D’Avray’ to see ‘Eclat’ , Sensitive To Light & headliner ‘Quidam’.

The venue is a nice small municipal theatre in a pleasant area, with good acoustics and about  a hundred very comfortable seats, which were nearly all taken.Unfortunately the housebar served no alcohol and so we  just got one last beer outside.

‘Eclat’ started the night , a band from Marseille planing a mean Fusion (slightly too technique for my taste) with highly talented musicians. My personal highlight ‘Mister Z.’  a hommage to Zappa with great guitar work.

After a snack (without beer) we got back in to see ‘Sensitive To Light’ a Parisian band founded by guitarist  Vynce Leff (who works in parellel with the band ‘Saens’) and featuring the beautiful Jenny Lewis on vocals, dressed for the occasion in a red dress, that reminded Erik of the ‘Foxtrott cover’ dress. The band played Symphonic prog with english vocals. The material is promissing , but the band lacks still some skills to give the compositions more bite and dynamics.

After another sniff of fresh air (again without beer) it was time for the headliner, the polish band ‘Quidam’. The band played very tight and the interplay between the musicians is great. Their show is perfect , sometimes a little too ‘professional. Personally I prefered their former singer Emilia, the new singer gives a rockier edge to the band, which moves soundwise into melodic hardrock with great covers of Moody Blues (Nights In White Satin), Pink Floyd (‘Wish You Were Here), Deep Purple ( ‘Hush)’ and some citations of Genesis and Camel.

Some pics:

HPIM0604.jpg
Erik is getting into the groove!

HPIM0607.jpg
Eclat
HPIM0608.jpg

HPIM0609.jpg

HPIM0610.jpg

Sensitive To Light:
HPIM0621.jpg
Vynce Leff
HPIM0622.jpg
Jenny Lewis :lead vocals, barefoot stage dance and then some...

HPIM0623.jpg
Claude Thill: bass & Jean Phillipe Dupont :keys

HPIM0624.jpg

HPIM0628.jpg
to re-enforce the female presence in PAWink

HPIM0645.jpg

let's see some beers, half a bottle of wine, a cooffee ...must have been the coffeeTongue

HPIM0669.jpg
Interlude,Erik and  a young Progster in narcissic action! Question of the day :
What is written on her T-shirt:
A : Here Comes Trouble
B: Here Come Trolls
C: Here Comes Trash

Quidam:
HPIM0711.jpg
men at work Maciek Meller guitar & Mariusz Ziolkowski bass & Maciek Wroblenski drums

HPIM0680.jpg

on reflection!

HPIM0679.jpg
this coffee was strong...

HPIM0691.jpg
....?Ermm

HPIM0704.jpg

"Nights in white satin/ never meaning to end ...

HPIM0712.jpg
Moody Blue!

HPIM0714.jpg
"Hush, hush..."

HPIM0721.jpg
it's only goodbye..Cry
Wink

HPIM0716.jpg
PS : what I didn't knew when I took the shot, this was the nice guy, who took us back home to Paris in his car!! Thanx a lot man!Clap

Edited by Alucard - September 25 2006 at 11:58
Tadpoles keep screaming in my ear
"Hey there! Rotter's Club!
Explain the meaning of this song and share it"

Post Reply Post Reply