Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedIron Maiden?? Faster U2!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2006 at 14:54
Yeah.......... i think METALLICA was very prog, epic, softly, great keyboard work (virtuoso their keyboardist) & they show some folk roots LOLLOLLOL 

no i'm not just like you're average rock fan - i'm ME!!

now, when are METALLICA being included..??LOLLOLLOL

[/QUOTE]
What! can the devil speak true?
Macbeth, 1. 3
pavlus View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2006 at 15:49
Originally posted by mystic fred mystic fred wrote:

Originally posted by theBox theBox wrote:

Originally posted by Easy Livin Easy Livin wrote:

There will inevitably be an influx of IM reviews, it happens each time a better known band is added. these will quickly ease of though, and things will return to normal. We had the same predictions of being over run when The Beatles, Radiohead, Deep Purple etc., were added.

At the risk of sounding like a cracked record, the addition of one band does not set a precedent to justify any other. Every band must be judged on their own merits. The argument that if X is here so shoudl Y be does not carry any weight when admissions are being considered.

I sincerely hope this proves to be true, although I feel that metalheads won't stop. They are not just like your average rock fan.

no i'm not just like your average rock fan - i'm ME!!

now, when are METALLICA being included..??LOLLOLLOL

YEP! Metallica, their riffs are very very progressive sometimes, especially on "LIVE sh*t"!
But they were unfortunately ended while they made "Kill 'Em All" Wink

Ok ok, Iron Maiden is cool.
They are surely gods for many extra-people recording nowadays extra-prog-metal.
Silly silly ...
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2006 at 16:14
"Heavy Metal is the law that keeps us all united free
A law that shatters earth and hell
Heavy Metal can't be beaten by any dynasty
We're all wizards fightin' with our spell" (Helloween 1986)

The wizards have spoken - Iron Maiden are here now. I couldn't care less, I like some of what they did, and can't stand other bits of it. So what? They did influence a lot of prog (metal) bands - just check band bios to find 'em). Also they are said to be proud fans of and influenced by older prog bands themselves. Makes them prog-related in my opinion, which is something I cannot say it same stern voice for Metallica or some of the other bands mentioned here.

Please stop this thread from being top of the list on 'Active Topics last 1 hour' for the rest of the month.

ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2006 at 16:24
OK, now I've had it... I can understand people taking IM's addition personally (well, I really can't, but let's just say I can...), but not making gratuitously offensive remarks. Metallica have not been added, nor are they being discussed at the moment. If you don't like this addition, there are hundreds of other bands to turn to - no one is going to force you to listen to IM. And I'll even go so far as to say that no one is obliged to frequent this site, if they find it so distasteful and badly run.
Uther View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2006 at 16:28
Originally posted by Ghost Rider Ghost Rider wrote:

OK, now I've had it... I can understand people taking IM's addition personally (well, I really can't, but let's just say I can...), but not making gratuitously offensive remarks. Metallica have not been added, nor are they being discussed at the moment. If you don't like this addition, there are hundreds of other bands to turn to - no one is going to force you to listen to IM. And I'll even go so far as to say that no one is obliged to frequent this site, if they find it so distasteful and badly run.

I can't see offenses...just opinions...as you say people shouldn't taking IM's addition personally...in one way or in the contrary Smile

What! can the devil speak true?
Macbeth, 1. 3
Liquid Len View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2006 at 17:52
Maiden SHOULD be here just listen to them.

By the way I'm not 13 I'm 48.

Edited by Liquid Len - October 02 2006 at 17:52
Can you tell me where my country lies?
Bryan View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2006 at 17:59
Originally posted by theBox theBox wrote:

Originally posted by peter_gabriel peter_gabriel wrote:

what about teenagers?? im 16 and listen to very good music, and hate metal... Angry

Of course! Nobody blamed you, I said 13 y.o. not 16! Besides.... I was adressing to the metal loving crowd among us.

I'm always tremendously amused by how people who throw around the accusation that metalheads are all stupid, immature kids manage to be far more immature than most of the people they're blindly mocking.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12