Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Proto-Prog and Prog-Related Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHa ha ha

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ha ha ha
    Posted: October 06 2006 at 01:32
Finally someone grabbed the tiger by the tail and included maiden in the archives,brave descission.And a damn good one to,descission that is.I would love to say i told you so,but i`m afraid ě`m taking it to far thenWinkWell done
Father Ted: Sheep like all wool-bearing animals, instinctively travel north. Where it's colder, and they won't be so stuffy.
Kithulhu View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2006 at 01:36
Prog related? Yeah, that's true. It's a sad thing that people (mostly people I know IRL, that is) keep saying that they're pure prog, though. 'Cause that's just bullsh*t. Embarrassed
mr.burns View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2006 at 01:39
Bythe way,this is not another post discussing if maiden is prog or not.Its more like a pat on the back to the keeper of the seven keys(the contributors,or whatever you call them)
Father Ted: Sheep like all wool-bearing animals, instinctively travel north. Where it's colder, and they won't be so stuffy.
Ivan_Melgar_M View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2006 at 02:04
Originally posted by mr.burns mr.burns wrote:

Bythe way,this is not another post discussing if maiden is prog or not.Its more like a pat on the back to the keeper of the seven keys(the contributors,or whatever you call them)

I agree with you and really don't understand the scandal.

1. Despite their early lollypop music, The Beatles are added and it's fair but nobody makes a case (Well, they were influential, that's a fact).
  2. Super Furry Animals are added without any relation and again nobody said a word.
  3. People started to talk about Prog Rap or Prog Hip Hop and only a few (me included) jumped because this would be a real aberration.
  4. Boston, Journey and even The Eagles have been proposed several times.
  5. People can find Lsa Standfield, George Michael, Elton John and a lot of ¨Pop icons in Prog Archives singing a tribute to Freddie Mercury and no problem.

But somebody dares to include Iron Maiden a band that evidently influenced all the Prog Metal movement with at least two very Prog albums a lot of imagination and all the hatred jums, simply amazes me.

Iván

Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2006 at 02:13
It's because there's a bias against metal-- it's seen more as loud and juvenile than creative, and though Maiden was doing prog metal before there was such a category, they are inextricably caught in the headbanging milieu.
The Whistler View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2006 at 02:17
The Eagles?!?
"There seem to be quite a large percentage of young American boys out there tonight. A long way from home, eh? Well so are we... Gotta stick together." -I. Anderson
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2006 at 02:18
There is also the simple fact that Iron Maiden are a lot more enjoyable to listen to than any prog metal band that I've heard (and that includes DT...sorry..)
MikeEnRegalia View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2006 at 02:22
^ doesn't that suggest that Iron Maiden are not *that* much related to prog metal as some people claim?
Witchwoodhermit View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2006 at 02:55

I support ALL that forces cracks into the obnoxious "prog world" I enjoy. In a world of Madonna and Culture Club, Maiden was like an early release, no, the end of the war release. Hard rock, of quality. I thank Maiden for helping to get me through the eighties, god that decade SUCKED.

Maiden in the Progs, absolutely! Nobody pushed the boundries of musicianship and concepts like Iron Maiden. Without doubt one of the most influential and important bands in "modern rock".
Now that being said, shall we pick up the Judas Priest banner?
Go on.
Dare ya."Metal rules the land".
Here I'm shadowed by a dragon fig tree's fan
ringed by ants and musing over man.
Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2006 at 03:31
No more new threads about the addition of Iron Maiden please. Use the existing ones!
 Post Reply Post Reply