Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMarillion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2007 at 11:59

I was running on the treadmill when I was watching the Saturday night show, so I wasn't checking the setlist - it was wonderful, because every song was a surprise. Needless to say, when "Garden Party" popped up as an encore I nearly fell off the thing! The "Deserve", "Answering Machine", "Rich" sequence was just bliss. And though the "Between You & Me" was similar to the one on Marbles On The Road, it was still charged.

Sunday night took a little longer to get going in my eyes, but the stripped down "The Space..." was wonderful. After that, everything was pure magic. It re-introduced me to the beautiful "When I Meet God" (I rarely listen to Anoraknaphobia), and "A Few Words For The Dead" took my breath away. As always, "Made Again" was beautiful.

Overall, a solid purchase!
Freak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2007 at 17:36
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVn-ew1_Kfs

New Marillion song, "Most Toys" performed live at the Marillion Weekend 2007. I can't say that I love it... Still, at least the new album will be a change-up.
E-Dub View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2007 at 20:52
Originally posted by Freak Freak wrote:

I was running on the treadmill when I was watching the Saturday night show, so I wasn't checking the setlist - it was wonderful, because every song was a surprise. Needless to say, when "Garden Party" popped up as an encore I nearly fell off the thing! The "Deserve", "Answering Machine", "Rich" sequence was just bliss. And though the "Between You & Me" was similar to the one on Marbles On The Road, it was still charged.

Sunday night took a little longer to get going in my eyes, but the stripped down "The Space..." was wonderful. After that, everything was pure magic. It re-introduced me to the beautiful "When I Meet God" (I rarely listen to Anoraknaphobia), and "A Few Words For The Dead" took my breath away. As always, "Made Again" was beautiful.

Overall, a solid purchase!

I think I'm going to watch the rest of the Sunday night performance tonight (I stopped just before "One Fine Day" the other night). From what I saw, though, it looked like a very powerful performance. Especially "Brave".

I like "Most Toys". The song is really driven and powerful. I think they're going in the opposite direction of Marbles. As much as I love Marbles, this should be interesting.

E
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789