Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Live Performance Reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPain of Salvation,Budapest February 22. 2007.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pain of Salvation,Budapest February 22. 2007.
    Posted: February 23 2007 at 07:05
          Hi Pain of Salvation Fans!

The setlist was completely the same. I was asked to prepare the setlist, I would have some other suggestions, but so is the world.
Regardless some politely said questionable tracks from their latest album, the band's performance was brilliant.The sound was not always perfect, the drums got sometimes a bit too loud, while the vocals  too quiet.I really liked the reworked versions of some of their older stuff.For example Undertow was played in a more quiet, piano driven way. They played a medley of This Heart of Mine and Song for the Innocent. I'm not a fan of medleys but this was OK.Diffidentia was reworked a bit as well. Nightmist got a little extended part.Disco Queen is a real hammer on stage, and sorry folks, but I like it on the album, too.
So between the (for me) weakest songs America and Cribcaged I enjoyed the gig tremendously and I guess so did the crowd of 650 at the sold out  A38 ship.
It was nice to experience, that Daniel has not lost his sense of humor, and there is certainly hope that Scarcick is only one mistake in the band's career.  He does not hate everyone for sure.Wink
el böthy View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2007 at 23:28
Man...what I would give to see them live... I even would sing America (which by the way I think is kick ass)
"You want me to play what, Robert?"
 Post Reply Post Reply