Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Tangent album news
    Posted: July 10 2007 at 21:21
Hey progheads,

Just found an interesting little tidbit on The Tangent's official site:

Tangent 4 - A Crisis in Midlife

"Tangent 4 "A Crisis in Midlife" is still in recording now... and is developing well. Although it won't see the light of day until next year... the tracks are now pretty much finalised. A recording session at Jonas' studio in Sweden is taking place in June, and Andy, Theo and Guy will continue to work on the album through the long Autumn months.New guitarist Jakko M. Jakszyk  is currently working on the album in his studios in London. "

"This is an album that concerns US" says Andy Tillison, "US being people of our age... middle aged if you like. All of us have spent so much time listening to songs about falling in love for the first time... or having problems with our parents. I thought it might be time to have a look at the world from OUR perspective and perhaps write songs about how WE feel."

So far, around 70 minutes of material has been written. The album (so far) seems different in tone to the previous 3 Tangent records... but with all the familiar trademarks there. "We want to look at some new possibilities" says Guy Manning, who is working a lot closer with Andy since he (Andy) returned to England from France, "but we don't want to lose the Tangent feel. It's still about songs and the joy of playing. We've tried to use some new sources of inspiration... some new sounds and styles we haven't used before. Andy's lyrics are a lot more introspective on this one too... and that does affect the music and the way it flows"

Clap

sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2007 at 07:56
Cant wait to here the new album, APITQ was one of the best albums of 06.
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

johnobvious View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2007 at 10:53
Can't wait.  First three albums are all great.

But I certainly won't be looking forward to the obligitoy, "The singing sucks and the music is a tepid rip-off" that we will no doubt see from a few of our learned members here in PA.
Biggles was in rehab last Saturday
StyLaZyn View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2007 at 11:03
I am hoping for a good release. While I like these guys, they haven't produced anything I consider exceptional, at least to me. Perhaps the new topic will cause more emotion, as it hits home with the band members, and we may hear it through the music. Wink
TheProgtologist View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2007 at 14:50
I am interested to hear Jakko's contribution to the group,he replaced Karmakanic's Kirster Jonzon,who replaced Roine Stolt.

I thought there might be scheduling conflicts but Jonas is playing on the album,and Karmakanic is in large part Reingold's band.

The Letter M View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2007 at 17:43
I have been waiting for this ever since the earliest reports about them recording again came in earlier this year.
I like the new album-naming device - the first two were "The-" something, very long, whimsical titles (and also epics on the respective albums), while the latest two are "A-", also epics (most likely considering there's a song titled "A Crisis In Midlife" on the new album).

Anyways, this should be interesting, and I'm excited for this! Album of the year for 2008!

-Marc.
I know what I like and I like what I know. I will choose a path that's clear, I will choose free will. If I die tomorrow, I`d be alright because I believe that after we`re gone, the spirit carries on.
 Post Reply Post Reply