Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedIf you thought Sean Trane was the man...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2007 at 19:31
But why would he translate original names to French in the first place?

and then....

and Phil Collins eats its drums

Strongly recommended for your ears and moose!

All gives a kick in speed with the white tea of Rhinoceros. I am not sure how you can make a tea starting from a white rhinoceros as I thought that the tea was a factory and not an animal. Although this makes my brain feel strange, I appreciated it though I did not taste the tea. You would think that it could smell very badly, but I cannot feel anything when I listen to this song. It is probably for the best, my brain would think bravely.

etc...

It just doesn't sound like a translator... it's too perfect!

Edited by The Miracle - July 26 2007 at 19:32
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2007 at 19:56

I think it is far too clever to be deliberate, if that doesn't sound contradictory.

I think he/she was working from a translation of the track titles - how else would "White Rhino Tea" become "White Tea of Rhinoceros".

Substituting Fool for Imbecile is an obvious one for a French speaker - and also turning Tea is a Plant into Tea is a Factory is another non-obvious replacement for an English-speaker. However, when you uses an online translator to translate "Plant" into French and then back into English the original meaning could get confused (Plant has two meanings in English). Swapping his and its is a common translation error - eats and beats is a simple typo.

I dunno - I'm not convinced that an online translator was not responsible (in part at least) for these reviews.
/edit - I've just used google to translate "White Rhino Tea" into French then back into English and it came back with "White tea of rhinoceros" - and the same thing worked for "Tea is a Plant" - it came back with "Tea is a Factory" LOL

Edited by darqdean - July 26 2007 at 20:03
What?
Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2007 at 20:07
And if drain-o isn't a single chap but a bunch of them, a kind of cooperative? Maybe the entire garrison of the Bouvet Island where he says he lives... ok, the Island is Norway's but maybe the Honourable Cousteau forgot one of his French mates there, who knows?

Anyway, the Admins have an eye on him since a long time ago; the SEBTP review was submitted in January 2006, if my memory doesn't fail. IMO no abuse was observed up to now...
Guigo

~~~~~~
The Miracle View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2007 at 20:08
Either way, those reviews are masterliness.
ClassicRocker View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2007 at 12:59
Originally posted by darqdean darqdean wrote:

I think it is far too clever to be deliberate, if that doesn't sound contradictory.

I think he/she was working from a translation of the track titles - how else would "White Rhino Tea" become "White Tea of Rhinoceros".

Substituting Fool for Imbecile is an obvious one for a French speaker - and also turning Tea is a Plant into Tea is a Factory is another non-obvious replacement for an English-speaker. However, when you uses an online translator to translate "Plant" into French and then back into English the original meaning could get confused (Plant has two meanings in English). Swapping his and its is a common translation error - eats and beats is a simple typo.

I dunno - I'm not convinced that an online translator was not responsible (in part at least) for these reviews.
/edit - I've just used google to translate "White Rhino Tea" into French then back into English and it came back with "White tea of rhinoceros" - and the same thing worked for "Tea is a Plant" - it came back with "Tea is a Factory" LOL

I have to agree - this person can't be an English speaker. I have never known anyone to arrange sentences in that way, and the sentence structure in general doesn't fit the English format.
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2007 at 04:53
Where was this thread hiding until this morningShocked?

I remember rewriting one review from Jacques Brennier along with Easy Livin

Although I suspect, it is much easier to rate without reviewing, (try  writing a review without having heard the album, this is nearly impossible) , this is an amazing amount! But I could never have that big a knowledge on these groups here as he does!

Even when I rate  on Gnosis2000 (this is without reviewing), I have yet to reach 5000, and this is including all types of rock music together.

I also suspect DallasBryan to have a stupendous amount of ratings without reviews.

Thanks for the support, guys!Hug
let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12