Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Proto-Prog and Prog-Related Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedQ: Re: Prog influenced Electronic Music

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Q: Re: Prog influenced Electronic Music
    Posted: July 31 2007 at 15:28
Hello,

I am curious is listeners/fans of progressive rock/cosmic rock listen to any elecftronic music be it classic Tangerine Dream or ambient/techno what have you.

The reason Im asking is that I am finishing up a cd of electronic music with a progressive flavor. By this I mean all the music sans a few electric guitar additions was composed on synthesizers and sequencers.

I grew up listening to early Genesis, Hackett, Camel and later Ozric Tentacles and Gong so I kep the music very melodic and tried to keep the essense to classic prog i.e. use of mellotron samples, flanged strings and more acoustic sounding drums into the core of the music.

As I am self taught I composed the music by intuition rather thatn from a purely intellectual or conservaroty trained approach.

I should have the cd out by next month. BTW I record under the name of Alpha Wave Movement and the title of the release will be "the Mystic & the Machine".

Any feedback or comments regarding the scene and what people "in' scene listen to would be much appreciated. I am curious as to where and how to market the music.

Kind regards,

Gregory
http;//www.home.earthlink.net/~alphawav
febus View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2007 at 09:49
Of course, TANGERINE DREAM , KLAUS SCHULZE and other ASH RA TEMPEL are considered PROG and are part of this site.

I do own at least 20 TD cds from 1971 ALPHA CENTAURI to 2006 JEANNE D'ARC.

Good luck with your own recording!
Tetragon View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2007 at 18:24
Kraftwerk  first two LP's (3 if you include Organisation)were more Kraut than electronic , till the tragic 'Ralf & Florian LP came along..
 Post Reply Post Reply