Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedShadow Circus Play New York, October 13

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shadow Circus Play New York, October 13
    Posted: August 28 2007 at 11:57
Shadow Circus will perform a special concert at the historical Triad Theater in New York City on October 13th, 2007, at 7 PM. This show is being videotaped, and there will be some entertaining and Halloween-related surprises!

Tickets are $10 per person (plus a two-drink minimum), and may be reserved online at the band's website at http://www.shadowcircusmusic.com.

For more information on the Triad Theater, directions, parking information, etc., visit The Triad's website at: http://www.triadnyc.com.

Edited by jplanet - August 31 2007 at 12:36
E-Dub View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2007 at 00:14
John,

I'm awaiting Shadow Circus play Kansas City!!!Wink

Seriously, wish I could be there. Let me know if you ever make it to KC.

Eric
jplanet View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2007 at 09:16
Originally posted by E-Dub E-Dub wrote:

John,

Eric

Hopefully one day! I've heard that Kansas Barbecue is the best in the country, so it will be high on my list of places to go while on tour!
E-Dub View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2007 at 09:19
Originally posted by jplanet jplanet wrote:

John,

Eric

Hopefully one day! I've heard that Kansas Barbecue is the best in the country, so it will be high on my list of places to go while on tour!

It spans across the border to Kansas City, MO, too. The entire area has BBQ places so good it'll bring tears to your eyes.

E
bhikkhu View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2007 at 09:59
I can't make it to this one either John. But here's an idea. We get you and Anton Roolaart together, and plan a little P.A. convention sometime.
jplanet View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2007 at 12:05

It spans across the border to Kansas City, MO, too. The entire area has BBQ places so good it'll bring tears to your eyes.

E

There is always a culinary motivation when I choose travel destinations! That's why I always admired Ernest Hemingway -- I think he became a war correspondent just so he could get into Paris and acquire cognac during WWII!

jplanet View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2007 at 12:06
Originally posted by bhikkhu bhikkhu wrote:

I can't make it to this one either John. But here's an idea. We get you and Anton Roolaart together, and plan a little P.A. convention sometime.

That would be cool! I forget where you are, are you in the Northeast?
bhikkhu View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2007 at 12:28
Originally posted by jplanet jplanet wrote:

Originally posted by bhikkhu bhikkhu wrote:

That would be cool! I forget where you are, are you in the Northeast?

Ann Arbor, Michigan. That's why I can't make it. That is a football weekend, and the restaurant will be very busy. I think if we could get Shadow Circus and Anton Roolaart on a double bill, it might create a lot of incentive for P.A. people to assemble. We might even get those Canadian guys to cross the border.
jplanet View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2007 at 02:02
That's a very interesting idea! Hmmm...could be the beginning of a new prog festival of some kind?
E-Dub View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2007 at 06:38
HT, how far are you from Mackinac Island? I just watched Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs scoopin' up horse poo up there. Seems like a quaint little place. A few episodes ago he was working on the huge suspension bridge that takes you over to the island. Good show.

Maybe Shadow Circus can do a midwest tour. You've got HT up in Michigan who'll put the word out, I've got connections in Wisconsin, and then you can swing through Kansas City. I suggest a huge platter of BBQ ribs AFTER the show, however. Anything before and all you want to do is collapse into a chair with your pants unbuttoned watching Sportscenter. Believe me, I know of where I speak.Big%20smile

E
jplanet View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2007 at 09:30

HT, how far are you from Mackinac Island? I just watched Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs scoopin' up horse poo up there. Seems like a quaint little place. A few episodes ago he was working on the huge suspension bridge that takes you over to the island. Good show.

Maybe Shadow Circus can do a midwest tour. You've got HT up in Michigan who'll put the word out, I've got connections in Wisconsin, and then you can swing through Kansas City. I suggest a huge platter of BBQ ribs AFTER the show, however. Anything before and all you want to do is collapse into a chair with your pants unbuttoned watching Sportscenter. Believe me, I know of where I speak.Big%20smile

E

If I get to tour the heartland, I'll come back with B.B. King's physique! There's a lot of American cuisine I've never had a chance to try!

The rest of the band will be looking for groupies, I'll be looking through Zagat's...
bhikkhu View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2007 at 11:16

HT, how far are you from Mackinac Island? I just watched Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs scoopin' up horse poo up there. Seems like a quaint little place. A few episodes ago he was working on the huge suspension bridge that takes you over to the island. Good show.Maybe Shadow Circus can do a midwest tour. You've got HT up in Michigan who'll put the word out, I've got connections in Wisconsin, and then you can swing through Kansas City. I suggest a huge platter of BBQ ribs AFTER the show, however. Anything before and all you want to do is collapse into a chair with your pants unbuttoned watching Sportscenter. Believe me, I know of where I speak.Big%20smileE

Ann Arbor is about 50 miles from the Ohio border, and is also very close to Detroit. It's actually a shorter drive to Detroit Metro Airport from Ann Arbor than it is from downtown Detroit. So Mackinac is pretty far.

Map

jplanet View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2007 at 12:35
BTW, if any reviewers from this board who are in the NY area want to attend, please PM me and I will put you on the guest list!
 Post Reply Post Reply