1 [11.11%]
1 [11.11%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Favorite Unfinished Moody Noobs Project
    Posted: November 26 2007 at 23:56
Because if the Moody Noobs are famous for anything, it's for not finishing crap.

The Untitled Concept EP was a concept EP that was untitled and unfinished; the story of a man who gets up, looks at his shoes, goes to work, thinks about his lost love, returns home, and worships Satan for a while. Some of the songs were completed, and a few never recorded (the hymn like "Satanic Music" exists in some unpolished demos).

The Bob the Barber rock opera, brainchild of the Whistler, might or might not still exist at this moment. It was (or is?) the tale of a barber's fall from grace, and eventual rebirth. Or suicide. We're still not sure.

The Very Worst of Progressive Rock conceptual compilation album was a series of covers ("Under Wraps," "Invisible Touch," "Big Generator," "Giant For a Day," "Love Beach," etc.) performed by the band in their unique style. No known tracks exist, and the only thing that remains is a box of stickers for the shrink wrap reading: "Your least favorite prog band covering your least favorite prog songs!"

The Moody Noobs: Not Just Another Self Titled Debut was the proposed title of the first full LP by the band, a conceptual suite about the history of the world, starting with "last Tuesday." Sadly, there was never a Moody Noobs lineup stable enough to record.

The Moody Noobs Leif Erikson Day Album (spelling contested) was an attempt to create a bunch of Leif Erikson Day styled songs to cash in on the big Viking fad a few years ago. Sadly, those few years ago were the Dark Ages, and no tracks were ever recorded.

The Moody Noobs/Robert Fripp Demos were a series of short songs recorded sometime in 1968. However, some music historians claim that the person who is on the demos sounds nothing like Robert Fripp, and that the tapes appeared to be of a far more recent technology (it is unlikely that they had access to CD ready cassette tapes in 1968). However, no copies of the tapes exist, they were all destroyed mysterious.

The Moody Noobs go Hawaiian was a concept album about milking cows. Production stopped after several members of the Moody Noobs contracted the plague during recording. No known copies exist.

The Mystery Album supposedly existed (but, then again, maybe it did not). No known information at this time.

And the rest are lost somewhere between fact, legend, and the trashbin.

"There seem to be quite a large percentage of young American boys out there tonight. A long way from home, eh? Well so are we... Gotta stick together." -I. Anderson
Bastille Dude View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2007 at 01:30
The Moddy Knobs doing "Love Beach" that has to be heard to be believed!
DEATH TO FALSE PROG!
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2007 at 01:46
I'm not familiar with their albums, but Leif Eriksson Day Album sounds interesting.
The Whistler View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2007 at 01:20
Aw, who voted for the demos?
"There seem to be quite a large percentage of young American boys out there tonight. A long way from home, eh? Well so are we... Gotta stick together." -I. Anderson
Proletariat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2007 at 01:22

the noobs go Hawaiian!!!

CUZ IT GOT MORE UKE

(i just remembered I joined the moody noobs once, I remember I was suppost to do cookie monster vocals and be high, or somthin' along those lines)
who hiccuped endlessly trying to giggle but wound up with a sob
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2007 at 01:42
The Mystery Album of course

..and there is no 'Moody Noobs Go Hawaiian', it was called 'A Christmas In Hawaii' and was only available through the fan club via mail order...  quite rare but hardly essential

magnus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2007 at 16:00
hey, I'm a viking, so Leif Eriksson day it is!
The scattered jigsaw of my redemption laid out before my eyes
Each piece as amorphous as the other - Each piece in its lack of shape a lie
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2007 at 02:12
I gotta go with that worst of prog-rock compilation, I especially enjoyed the "what would it sound like if Waters sang Collin's hits and vice versa" suite that filled at least 5 CDs of the whole boxed set. Getting the EW&F horns and Keith Tippet on detuned clavinet was the coup de grace.
I also enjoyed the faux ELO vs Styxx bare knuckles tag team brawl within a fenced in ring. The MNs made it sound like the real deal, no small feat for a band that has no talent at all.
As for "Fripp's" supposed "guest" appearence, you can actually hear his strings breaking during a routine tune up and he politely excuses himself from the session. I believe he was paid standard union scale for making an appearence and signing his name to the guest log.

Edited by Easy Money - December 09 2007 at 02:39
clarke2001 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2007 at 05:24
Leif Erikson  thingie. But you MUST let RJD sing a verse or two.
 Post Reply Post Reply