Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Internal news
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRandom Review link in the TOP MENU

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2008 at 11:50
Originally posted by BaldJean BaldJean wrote:

Originally posted by asimplemistake asimplemistake wrote:

I like the feature a lot, I think it's interesting, but I have one quick question.  It seems to give a slight preference to people of rank (Prog reviewers, collabs, etc), and I'm wondering if that is true or just me being silly.  I'm not against that idea, in fact in think it makes it slightly more useful, but I'm just curious.

Edit: I realize that maybe it's just that PR's and Collabs write long enough reviews, but I'd still like to know.

the point is that they write more, or at least should (I plead guilty for not doing enough of that), so of course the probability of a collab review popping up is higher

yes.. and I have had non-collab reviews come up ... have played around with that feature... mainly out of pure boredom to see how long it was before a review of mine came up LOL

now reviewing reviews....  sounds interesting.... if feedback is to be included in the reviews...  that is the point isn't it.. .to improve reivews.. not merely see your reviews get trashed if you are not exactly the best of reviewers.  I wouldn't allow 'ratings only' reviews of reviews... doesn't serve any purpose but to give people another excuse to f**k with people and for feelings to get hurt.  If someone is 'qualifited' to rate a review that someone invested time and effort into.. they damn well better explain why they rated as they did.  I spend, even if it doesn't look like it... hours on a review... the first kid that trashes a review of mine for the hell of it is going to have answer some tough questions.LOL

Edited by micky - March 09 2008 at 11:54
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
LinusW View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2008 at 12:10
^ Agreed, I see a big risk in first spending a lot of time and thought writing the review, only to get it bashed by people who disagrees with the rating/conclusion and not what's wrong in an "objective" sense.
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2008 at 12:46
While I don't object to people assessing my work, I DO, and very strongly, to people who bash it for the hell of it. Therefore, expect some fireworks if I see someone giving a review that took me hours to write (and some do take that long) a one-star rating without any explanation. In my opinion, feedback is absolutely necessary in order to improve the quality of one's reviewing - and said feedback should be as constructive as possible.
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2008 at 03:54
Nice one M@X. This means I can finally get rid of this http://www.hulshout.nl/randomreview.html
ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2008 at 05:47
Just noticed the feature, pretty cool another tool for discovery.  Checking in on the latest reviews has always been too.
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12