Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - In His Wake He Leaves Scorched Earth and New Posts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedIn His Wake He Leaves Scorched Earth and New Posts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2008 at 21:12
Alrighty, first off, thanks to everyone who went out of their way to post.
Second, I have written down everything listed for future refference.
Third, these are the bands im going to look out for first; Comus, SGM, Mr.Bungle, Caravan, The Soft Machine, Return To Forever, Weather Report, Spirogyra, and maybe some Magma. I currently have a list of 59 artists ill be looking for, but those are the top ones.
Fourth, I stoped buying Magic Cards at the end of the Time Spiral Block, so Future Site. But I still play when I can get someone interested.
Fifth, the Tull I own is Aqualung, Crest Of The Knave, Living In The Past, Minstrel In The Gallery, Songs From The Wood, Stand Up, Thick As A Brick, and Warchild. Im hoping to get Heavy Horses and A Passion Play...and eventually their discography.

Heh, anyone else thing their should be a section on their member profile where they can list their album collection? Or am I just crazy?

Edited by Prof. - April 20 2008 at 21:13
The Quiet One View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2008 at 21:17
Originally posted by Prof. Prof. wrote:

Alrighty, first off, thanks to everyone who went out of their way to post.
Second, I have written down everything listed for future refference.

Third, these are the bands im going to look out for first; Comus, SGM, Mr.Bungle, Caravan, The Soft Machine, Return To Forever, Weather Report, Spirogyra, and maybe some Magma. I currently have a list of 59 artists ill be looking for, but those are the top ones.

Fourth, I stoped buying Magic Cards at the end of the Time Spiral Block, so Future Site. But I still play when I can get someone interested.

Fifth, the Tull I own is Aqualung, Crest Of The Knave, Living In The Past, Minstrel In The Gallery, Songs From The Wood, Stand Up, Thick As A Brick, and Warchild. Im hoping to get Heavy Horses and A Passion Play...and eventually their discography.

Heh, anyone else thing their should be a section on their member profile where they can list their album collection? Or am I just crazy?

Great Tull cd's you have my friend!

Beware of A Passion Play, many people have been disgust and others like me have loved it.
I recomend you if you liked Stand Up to get This Was, less progheaded but with some great bluesy stuff.
You should also try Benefit, strange you don't have it.
If you want something new from them check definitly Roots to Branches.
Squonkman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2008 at 21:29

Given that some of us have thousands of albums, I'll vote for crazy.Wink
The idea of even typing out every album I own, even if I could organize them in some fashion to do so, is mindboggling.

If you have like, 12 albums, I guess its a great idea.
WalterDigsTunes View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2008 at 21:34

It'd be a good idea, but it would also be a data server's nightmare. Thankfully, there are plenty of sites that let you catalog your record collection. http://rateyourmusic.com/ is a rather good one. It even gives you a neat little map that illustrates where your artists hail from.

PS: I haven't played Magic in years, but I do own a Time Spiral and a Tolarian Academy Big%20smile
The Quiet One View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2008 at 21:35
Originally posted by Squonkman Squonkman wrote:

Given that some of us have thousands of albums, I'll vote for crazy.Wink

The idea of even typing out every album I own, even if I could organize them in some fashion to do so, is mindboggling.

If you have like, 12 albums, I guess its a great idea.

Yeah!! You'll have a NERVOUS BREAKDOWN!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12