Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMaximum 100 albums?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maximum 100 albums?
    Posted: August 01 2008 at 06:27
Why has there suddenly appeared a maximum of 100 albums on the top lists? Is this a response to the numerous "slow site" complaints? If so, could we please find another way of improving this?

I use this site for exploration, and the top lists are very helpful for this purpose. But the first 100 albums are normally the least interesting part. The top 100 consists mostly of albums I already have, and the interesting stuff appears further down.

This limit is very inflexible and constraining. I thought the point of the new multi-choice top list system was to make it more user-friendly and flexible.

The change has severly decreased my utility of this site. Please change it back.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2008 at 06:39
the site is experiencing technical difficulties...  it will be back when M@X gets all the bugs sorted out. 
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
T.Rox View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2008 at 11:32
On the album subject: Whatever happened to the alphabetical listing of albums that used to be available? That was a great feature that just "disappeared" some time back.
"Without prog, life would be a mistake."

...with apologies to Friedrich Nietzsche
Desoc View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2008 at 09:09
Okay, that's noted. Do you happen to know if there's a timeframe on when things will be back in place?
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2008 at 09:43
Originally posted by T.Rox T.Rox wrote:

On the album subject: Whatever happened to the alphabetical listing of albums that used to be available? That was a great feature that just "disappeared" some time back.

wow.. that has been gone for some time...  axed during one of M@X's tinkering sessions..  maybe a year.. perhaps two... it's been awhile since we had that. Don't think that is coming back...

Edited by micky - August 04 2008 at 09:43
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2008 at 09:48
Originally posted by Desoc Desoc wrote:

Okay, that's noted. Do you happen to know if there's a timeframe on when things will be back in place?

see above post... no idea when he'll get a handle on the problems that are troubling the site.. and even if it will be back once he does.  Hard to say...depends on what he has to do to 'fix' the site. Those things are probably sort of secondary to being able to access pages without  being able to read a chapter in a book first. LOL

The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2008 at 15:01
Maybe it's all actually a secret plan to try to enhance our lives... It's M@x 's way of saying us "hey! Get up of that couch and go meet some woman, have a few drinks... meet the parents... then come back and the page you requested will be waiting for you" Tongue
Desoc View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2008 at 09:16
Well, I neither have a problem with meeting women nor with too few nights on the town, but I'll have to admit that that list counts for most of the reasons why I use this site, all the other great features are bonuses. So I hope this is not a matter of weeks or months, as is implied by Micky...

If so, I'd have to ask my original question again - is this restriction really crucial for getting the bugs fixed? With all respect to Micky, perhaps someone actually knows the answer? (M@X himself or Easy Livin', for example?)
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2008 at 09:22
Originally posted by The T The T wrote:

Maybe it's all actually a secret plan to try to enhance our lives... It's M@x 's way of saying us "hey! Get up of that couch and go meet some woman, have a few drinks... meet the parents... then come back and the page you requested will be waiting for you" Tongue

hhahahhah. yeah... maybe after M@x makes his first million off of our work.. then he'll think of our welfare and enhancing our lives... maybe  giving us a stripper's lounge and free cocktail bar in the collab area.  The Xover team has had to pay for ours out of our own pocket which we operate for the extended AR family... and invited guests... I think they've got tired though, of seeing me in a G-string every Friday night and tips have fallen to nothing. Ouch  Come on M@X help your collabs out....   add Rick Springfield to PR'd and lets get some more women in here.  LOL
M@X View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Co-founder, Admin & Webmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2008 at 05:02
Hi guys.... i've upgrade the limit to 250. How does that sound ?
Prog On !
Desoc View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2008 at 15:07
Thumbs%20Up
 Post Reply Post Reply