FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSOLISIA prog metal with female vocals

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: SOLISIA prog metal with female vocals
    Posted: August 06 2008 at 08:26
Solisia’s origins date back to 2006 when keyboard player Wilson Di Geso met by chance drummer Marcantonio Quinto; the line-up was soon completed by singer Marilena Stigliano and guitarist Gianluca Quinto. Moved by a common passion, the four Italian guys started composing their own songs in an off-the-cuff rehearsal room, giving birth to four brand new tracks; when the time of recording a demo CD came, the band needed a bass player, and they were joined by Andrea Arcangeli, bass player for the Italian prog acts DGM and Concept. In March 2007 Solisia entered the studio to start working on their first official demo CD, “The Film Of My Life”, a symphonic/progressive four-piece production whose lyrics dealt with the theme of men’s life. In June 2007 the band sign a promotional deal with Club Inferno Agency, a division of My Kingdom Music label, getting interviews and enthusiastic reviews from international magazine and webzines, and in the meanwhile they started playing live in local clubs.

Solisia are now working on the pre-production of their first full-length album.

Stay Tuned on www.myspace.com/solisia for more info.
Solisia
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2008 at 18:09
Well, Gian, this doesn't sound bad at all. I have a weakness for female vocalists in metal bands - somehow they make it a bit more accessible for me. I'll have a few more listens later this week, I expect, but I think the Prog Metal Team should hear you as well. Keep us posted on the album!
ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2008 at 16:58
Hi Gian,

Many thanks for sending us the link to your EP; I enjoyed it...Smile.  I'd like to reiterate what Angelo has said... its good to hear a few more female fronted Prog Metal bands surfacing these days...the Goth scene has had all the lovlies for far too long...LOL

anyway, please send us details of an album, when you have written the material.

J
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
 Post Reply Post Reply