FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFlower Kings in Chicago, USA 27 August 2008

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flower Kings in Chicago, USA 27 August 2008
    Posted: September 01 2008 at 15:32

Well, me and my dad saw the Flower Kings in Chicago Saturday night. They were awesome. One of the best shows I have ever seen. The venue was so small, just a little bar and probably about 200 people there. They kicked off the show with "The Truth Will Set You Free," which is my favorite sing, but unfortunetly for me didn't play the whole thing. They even played The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway (the song, not the whole album, lol) which was awesome, because I LOVE TLLDOB. They played the songs excellently, and sounded great. It wasn't too loud. First concert I have been to in a long time where my ears aren't still rining, though I mostly go to heavy metal concerts. One thing I really liked is you could hear the bass so well. It seems like the bass gets drowned out in so many concerts. The bass player did a solo with the drummer and it was awesome. They played 2 hours and 20 minutes, just the right amount of time.

All in all an excellent show. Roine was out and about before the show and my dad (the true Flower Kings fan, who loved the concert) got to shake his hand.

I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress . . .
Statutory-Mike View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2008 at 20:08
How was John Wesley?
~Rael~ View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2008 at 14:51
Well, I did not enjoy him at all. He was a good guitar player and singer, but a solo act can only hold my attention for so long. I thought 20 minutes was enough, but he played for an hour. And his lyrics were a bit uninspired. This is totally my opinion, he is obviously a very talented guy, just not my kind of thing. There were more than a few people in the crowd who really got into it.
I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress . . .
Statutory-Mike View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2008 at 21:43
I haven't heard any of it yet, I really love him in Porcupine Tree, I'll have to listen to it.

Great you had a good time though!

Edited by MisterProg2112 - September 02 2008 at 21:43
 Post Reply Post Reply