Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Marillion to appear on Exclusive TV Special in UK
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMarillion to appear on Exclusive TV Special in UK

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marillion to appear on Exclusive TV Special in UK
    Posted: October 07 2008 at 12:35

"GOD-FATHERS OF D.I.Y MUSICAL DOMINATION, MARILLION… EXCLUSIVE TV APPEARANCE… ONLY ON DITTO MUSIC LIVE!

D.I.Y Progressive Rock band Marillion have sold fifteen million albums across three decades, ran their own label and are in continuous direct contact with their fans. In 1997 Marillion fans raised over $60,000 for Marillion to tour North America.

Marillion are so D.I.Y that the recording of their new album (Happiness Is the Road) was funded by 12,000 fans with enough faith to pre-order the album twelve months in advance of the release. No other band anywhere in the world, or in fact the universe, has released an album legally using Peer to Peer internet networks for distribution. Marillion have broken the mould and done exactly that.

“Ditto Music has been a champion for the alternative artists. Marillion represent the cutting edge of DIY ethics, it’s going to be a pleasure having them perform on our weekly show.” Lee Parsons – Ditto Music

Tune into Red TV (Sky 180) Thursday 9th October for Ditto Music Live’s Marillion Special with exclusive live performances and in depth interviews.

Ditto Music has helped 7 unsigned artists achieve top 40 UK singles.

Ditto release and distribute artists through their own network of record labels and handle all of their back office the same way that a record label would, making them fully chart eligible.

Ditto famously made chart history in early 2007 by breaking the first unsigned artist into the UK top 40 with ‘Blag, Steal and Borrow’ by Koopa.

Tune into Red TV (Sky 180) every Thursday 8-9pm for Ditto Music Live, presented by Lee Parsons and Emma Scott of Kerrang! Radio.

As well as musicians the show brings guests in from all areas of the music industry to give advice and guidance to up and coming artists.

Marillion Special

Ditto Music Live,

Red TV, Sky 180

Thursday 9th October 8pm

www.dittomusic.com"

The show is 8pm UK time by the way Wink
Just wish I had this channel. Hope some people here can check it out on Thursday!
 Post Reply Post Reply